Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

saidil

I would like to amend my 2017 tax return. I want to use TurboTax but didn't use it for the 2017 filing. How do I go about it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I would like to amend my 2017 tax return. I want to use TurboTax but didn't use it for the 2017 filing. How do I go about it?

It is difficult but possible to amend a return that was not originally prepare in TurboTax. Why are you not using the service that prepared your original return to amend it?

To amend a return in TurboTax not previously prepared in TurboTax, you will have to buy, download and install on your computer the 2017 tax program. Here is a link to get it: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/ Unless you need assistance to enter something specific, you can use any version because they all include the same forms.

You will have to start by recreating your original tax return in TurboTax to match exactly the return that was originally filed. Once you have created a matching return, you can then choose the option to amend it. Here is a link to help you with the amending process after you have recreated the original return: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies