Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long after the bank rejects my refund will it take the IRS to issue me a paper check

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

How long after the bank rejects my refund will it take the IRS to issue me a paper check

It can take up to 5 business days for the IRS to receive the funds back. 

Once they receive the funds they will send you a paper check. This can take up to 10 business days for you to receive it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

514 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

It can take up to 5 business days for the IRS to receive the funds back. 

Once they receive the funds they will send you a paper check. This can take up to 10 business days for you to receive it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My scheduled refund was yesterday feb 27 2019 but it rejected because I used the wrong rounting number , called back said it was sent back with in 24 hrs how long before I receive my refund check
jdl1012

Pretty111111.... same exact thing as me my date was 2/27 called bank they said they rejected it because my card wasn’t activated a week prior to my date smh.. now I have to wait for a check to b issued I’ve talked with people n they said once the irs receives the deposit back there system convert it into a check then it is sent out a total of about 10 days since your refund was rejected.. I will keep u posted if I get any other updates can u do the same

my bank rejected our refund deposit because our last names are not the same. We are legally married, we filed married-joint, our last names are just different. So our bank rejected it for security purposes. Fun times!

Anyways, I had a DD date of 02/27 and it was rejected that day. Now we get to wait for a paper check. I am hoping for 2 weeks or less because in my gut, when it comes to the IRS, things take a little while. I will update if I find out anything new.
jdl1012

Update..... I called the bank that turbo tax uses which is the Santa barba bank when I called the automated system  asked for my social and filing  satus once i enter it they gave me a message first it was my refund amount then it said something about a check was sent out 2/28 I really didn’t understand the message at first so I got connected with a live person answered some security questions and she told me exactly where my check was n the mail on its way to me from them she told me to check mailbox it should come within 2-3 days of it being sent out so the best way to know wats going on is to call the bank tb uses hope this helpful for u all
MoWU

My DD date was also 2/27/2019 I had an extra number in my account number. My bank says they don't have away of knowing if it was rejected and sent back to the IRS because the account number doesn't exist. I can't get through to the IRS. So, I am just waiting to see if it shows up in the mail. Does anyone know if the "Where is my refund" status bar will update and change to show that a paper check is being mailed?
jdl1012

IT depends on if your check goes to the Santa Barbra bank which is the bank tb uses your refund goes to them if u chose to have tb funds deducted from refund they take their portion out like 50$ for software usage then they will mail it out to u.. mine was rejected sent back to sb bank they took their funds out then sent me the rest mailed off yesterday my refund was rejected on my ddd 2/27
orishuler

my ddd was on 2/27 it got sent to a closed account and I haven’t heard anything from the bank or irS I called Both and neither told me anything has anyone’s wmr updated yet

My dd was rejected on the 27th BC of a closed bank account and we received our paper check today (3/2) in the mail. We only had to wait 4 days total, from rejection to check in the mail.
orishuler

Who do You bank with if u do t mind me asking I bank with Wells Fargo so I do t know if it’s cause they take a lil longer to send it back but ughhh

It was the Santa Barbara bank that TurboTax uses I guess because we don't have a bank. Our greendot card account was closed and that's why ours got rejected. But our check was dated for 2/27.
MoWU

My DD date was 2/27/19. My Where's My Refund updated yesterday 3/2/19 but I have not recieved it as of yet. I will update you all when it comes.
MoWU

@coriorsburn33 what state are you in if you don't mind me asking?

Oklahoma
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies