turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

linusf
Returning Member

IRS Fine on 2018 Income Tax

I have gotten a IRS bill for a fine on my 2018 tax.  Sine I filed through TurboTax and likely signed up for protection, hat do I do next?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you purchased Audit Defense for your 2018 tax return, call TaxResources, Inc. at 877-829-9695, or report your IRS letter on their web site. http://intuit.taxaudit.com/ Do not contact the IRS until you have spoken to TaxResources. They may contact the IRS on your behalf.

If you did not purchase Audit Defense, you can get help with your IRS letter from TurboTax at the following link.

We can help you with your IRS letter

If you did not buy Audit Defense, we might be able to help you here. Tell us what reason the letter gives for why you owe money, and the notice number or letter number (starting with CP or LTR) at the top right. If the letter says there was something wrong or missing in your tax return, or proposes changes to the tax return, what exactly does it say?

Do not post any personal information or contact information. This is a public web site.

Anonymous
Not applicable

is the penalty described in the notice?  TT does not cover underpayment penalties of estimated tax or any errors that are caused by incorrect entries by the taxpayer.  in short, it only covers computation errors. 

if you think you have a computation error use this link to file a claim

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/how-do-i-submit-a-claim-under-the-turbotax-1...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies