turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

IRS Direct Debit hasn't occurred yet. It's been 4 days now.

Saturday 04/04/2020, I worked on my taxes and Elected to pay my balance due by Direct Debit on 04/04, using the same checking information as last year - nothing has changed. Turbo Tax also e-mailed me that the IRS has accepted my return and also my State has accepted the Return.

It is Wednesday 04/08/2020 and the IRS still hasn't debited my Checking account. My State debited my Checking account on Monday this week (04/06).

Given that all information is correct, is there anything I should be concerned with regarding this delay? Or, at what point should I start getting concerned?

What doesn't need to happen is that something is broken in the backend systems between Intuit and the IRS and no one knows anything about it until I get a bill in the mail from the IRS for the balance due with this pending Debit still sitting out there, unprocessed.

If this had processed timely (as it has for the State Filing), I would have never started this conversation. I think the IRS should have debited me by now.

- Robert.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
disbart

I have the exact same question. I can’t find how to get back to the payment screen to check to see if I made an error.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

For the time being, the IRS is putting all of its efforts into the details of the stimulus payments. Once they have that all figured out, they will resume processing tax payments and issuing refunds. The only thing to do right now is to wait. You should be hearing something back soon.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
opchez

I have the same question.  My payment was to be auto-debited on Monday, April 5th.  It is now Friday, April 9th, and nothing has happened.  Logically it doesn't make sense to me why debit ACH programming at the IRS can't be operating at the same time they are figuring out stimulus payments.  Those are two very different things.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify. However, during the busier season, there can be delays. If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are typically withdrawn the next business day. You can also call the IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about your payment status.
Please see the below TurboTax Help Article for more information. 

When will my tax payment go through?

@opchez

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies