turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I print Estimated Tax forms without amounts printed?

I love using the pre-printed ES forms for both state and federal from TT because they already have our address, names, SS# and I like this a lot more than having to fill all that out by hand. However, we don't want to pay what TT says to pay pre-printed, as we make very different income every year and at various times of the year. I always calculate this number myself depending on how much money we've made for each quarter. Right now the first quarter due April 15th wants way too much. Is there a way in the software to get it to print everything but the amount so I can write that in? 

Alternatively, does anyone happen to know... must EST forms be always paid with a physical check with these coupons by mail or is there any way to pay through a Bill Pay service and still have it credited to us properly? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hopefully a Mac expert will chime in to help with your ES printing question.

However, for your federal estimated tax (and other type of) payments, the IRS payments website is convenient.  No paper or physical checks need to be mailed. You can pay either via e-check from a bank account, or via a debit or credit card.  Current and future payments can be scheduled in advance.  Your record and history of payments are also available for review.
See the IRS payments website at:  https://www.irs.gov/payments
And/or also access the IRS "IRS2Go" mobile app at:  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs2goapp

Your state also may have a similar type of online payment service to avoid having to postal mail paper and checks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hopefully a Mac expert will chime in to help with your ES printing question.

However, for your federal estimated tax (and other type of) payments, the IRS payments website is convenient.  No paper or physical checks need to be mailed. You can pay either via e-check from a bank account, or via a debit or credit card.  Current and future payments can be scheduled in advance.  Your record and history of payments are also available for review.
See the IRS payments website at:  https://www.irs.gov/payments
And/or also access the IRS "IRS2Go" mobile app at:  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs2goapp

Your state also may have a similar type of online payment service to avoid having to postal mail paper and checks.

I assume if I do it this way, it's controlled by me and not auto debit by them? Just making sure. 🙂 (Unless like you said I set up a future payment.) Sounds like a great option.

One of our motives is my hubby has a new LLC... and we'd rather pay taxes out of his account directly but not have to order a $30 check book as we don't write checks to anyone else.

In using TurboTax, I normally tell the program to calculate (but do not print) my estimated tax payment quarterly values.  That allows me to see what it thinks my payments should be.  In the IRS payments system, future payments are scheduled individually by you, not any kind of "auto debit" scheme.  For example Apr, Jun, Sep, Jan (or any other specific dates and amounts) are scheduled by you.  Enjoy it . . . I've used it for three years . . . It's super convenient.

Cool. that's exactly what I'd want. 🙂 No 'auto' debit to it. If GA has the same service, I can switch over and not worry about printing my forms blank. I'm nosing around their DOR site now. 🙂 Thanks for the help.

You're most welcome.  Taxes can be fun . . . hmm, maybe?
TMadDog

How do I print estimated tax forms?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Perhaps the easiest way to print Estimated Tax vouchers without amounts printed is to go to the IRS (and state) website an print them.   https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies