turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can’t track my refund

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EdwardLO

Can’t track my refund

If you don't see any information on the IRS tracker, it's because your return has not been processed yet. Don't worry-just continue to check the tracker on a daily basis-the information is updated every 24 hours. You can also call the IRS by phone to check the status if it has been more than 21 days since the return was accepted.

View solution in original post

60 Replies
EdwardLO

Can’t track my refund

If you don't see any information on the IRS tracker, it's because your return has not been processed yet. Don't worry-just continue to check the tracker on a daily basis-the information is updated every 24 hours. You can also call the IRS by phone to check the status if it has been more than 21 days since the return was accepted.

Acontrer

Can’t track my refund

IRS app says my information is incorrect...but I put right info

Can’t track my refund

Same thing here filed on Jan 2, 2020 return transmitted Jan 13, 2020 and still in pending on TT and cannot find me on WMR. Filing HOH with ctc. 

I did my brothers same day, transmitted same day his federal was excepted Jan 14, and WMR confirms refund date for DD on 1/29. He filed Single no EITC or CTC.

Don't worry yet IRS just opened and they are processing backlog give it 48 hours or so.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Can’t track my refund

There are a few reasons why this has happened. Please view the following help article for a list of reasons. 

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can’t track my refund

My Tax Return was accepted on the 13th and I'm still not about to track on the IRS website, or the IRS hotline. Sigh. What's the deal?

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Can’t track my refund

@Theisaacguy The IRS issues refunds, not TurboTax. This means that we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund as of yet. There's no way to know when the IRS will update your status.

If after 21 days of being accepted, you have not received an update via the Where's My Refund tool, you can follow the instructions in the following FAQ to contact the IRS for further assistance.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

Otherwise, as your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Can’t track my refund

Same here and my info is correct. Tried calling IRS but it says that calls cannot be completed at this time. 

Can’t track my refund

I can’t track my refund I’ve been putting all the right information. Over and over again 

Can’t track my refund

@ Sandyzunigaa wrote:

I can’t track my refund I’ve been putting all the right information. Over and over again 

That IRS "Where's My Refund" tool has been squirrelly at times this year.  But you do need to be sure you are using it correctly. 

First, if you efiled, double-check that your efiled returns were indeed accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, log in and go to the Tax Home and check the efile status.

If you filed on paper by mail, then it can take at least 3 weeks up to several weeks for it to appear in the WMR tool.

Here are some tips when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool:

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

Can’t track my refund

My refund tracker has disappeared the day before my funds were to be released and doesn’t show anything in any of my accounts 

Can’t track my refund

I tracked my refund on credit karma and the tracker has completely disappeared 

Can’t track my refund

@Louiebadass Not sure where you got the information that it is the day before the funds are to be released---did you get that information from the IRS refund site  or are you basing that on the estimated date you got from TurboTax when you e-filed?   The date given to you by TT is nothing more than an estimated date that you cannot count on especially now that the IRS is severely backlogged.

If your refund date came from the IRS site, then give it a few days.  Sometimes as the return moves through the "pipeline" it disappears temporarily from the refund site.   And....remember that even after the IRS issues your refund you need to allow 1-5 days for it to post to your account.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Can’t track my refund

I have been able to check my refund up until today

Now it says my information is incorrect. Why is this happening?

Can’t track my refund

@Kspadling 35 Sometimes as the returns transitions from one stage of processing to another stage, the information is temporarily unavailable on the IRS site.  Just wait a day or two and check again.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies