turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I applied for the turbo tax loan and wasn’t approved do my federal refund still go on the card or in my bank account

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

If I applied for the turbo tax loan and wasn’t approved do my federal refund still go on the card or in my bank account

If you don’t qualify, you’ll receive an email confirming you won’t receive a Refund Advance. It will include information about why you were not eligible for a Refund Advance. Your federal refund (minus any other agreed upon fees) will be loaded onto a Turbo Prepaid Visa Card.1

Important offer details and disclosures

Please read this TurboTax FAQ for additional information: About the Refund Advance application process.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
TomK
Expert Alumni

If you don’t qualify, you’ll receive an email confirming you won’t receive a Refund Advance. It will include information about why you were not eligible for a Refund Advance. Your federal refund (minus any other agreed upon fees) will be loaded onto a Turbo Prepaid Visa Card.1

Important offer details and disclosures

Please read this TurboTax FAQ for additional information: About the Refund Advance application process.

I got email that says I was not approved for loan but it did not say way. I feel like I was con. By TurboTax. 

Steph08
Returning Member

@jdeerecrazy78 - Who was the email from? I applied last week and still have not seen a single email come through to tell me if I was approved or not.

mbutenhof

I only received an email from green dot stating I wasn't approved for an advance but it only says it in passing. It has no explanation whatsoever. I'm not happy about this. I should have been notified separately and in detail.

How long did it take to receive the rejection email. I haven’t received an email saying if I was approved or denied. 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return. If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision. For more information, please click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Sharone05

When did you file and when did they email you?

I received an email from green dot telling me I was not approved but they did not tell me why. I filed my taxes Tuesday evening on january 28th. And it was accepted by the IRS within an hour. I still haven't received an email telling me whether I was approved or not. All it told me was to finish setting up my prepaid card account.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, within one hour after the return is accepted, you should get the temporary card information via email (please check your Inbox/Junk/Spam folder) which then has to be set up with an online account. Forty-eight hours after acceptance, your advance money will be available on the virtual card. If you don't qualify, you'll receive an email confirming you won’t receive a Refund Advance. It will include information about why you were not eligible for a Refund Advance. Your federal refund (minus any other agreed upon fees) will be loaded onto a Turbo Visa Debit Card. Be sure to check your inbox as well as your junk/spam folder for the email. For more detailed information, please click here.  If you need additional assistance, please click here for instructions to contact TurboPrepaid customer care.

So this is stupid. Turbo tax says you qualify for a refund advance to get you to setup a turbo card...then you get an email saying you didn’t qualify. After TurboTax says you did qualify...if they would have just said no in the first place I would of direct deposit.

SooOOoOoo. What happened?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Sassykendra

What is your question? How can we help you?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies