Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was told to Amend my return because I overpaid. Website shows up to 16 weeks to receive. I still qualify for child tax credit. When should I receive this?

I received an email in April from turbo tax mentioning I overpaid due to unemployment, and needed to amend. I did that immediately. IRS website shows I am not eligible for child tax but I'm still within all qualifications. Amendment shows processing, but not release and can take up to 16 weeks to receive. I did not received the tax credit, when should I receive this?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I was told to Amend my return because I overpaid. Website shows up to 16 weeks to receive. I still qualify for child tax credit. When should I receive this?

Biden is jut now bragging that checks will start going out in the mail today. Cost: $150 billions dollars that your child would have to pay someday.

Of course, the plan nowadays is to never repay any debt.

It has nothing to do with whether you amended or not.

Amended returns will take much longer than the normal 4 months again this year and until the return has been processed you probably will not get the advance CTC payments. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies