turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was informed my stimulus sent out on the 6th as mail but haven't received it yet. Asked for help and told me to skip the section but the page doesn't have that option?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I was informed my stimulus sent out on the 6th as mail but haven't received it yet. Asked for help and told me to skip the section but the page doesn't have that option?

I'm sure you are aware that the postal service is very far behind in moving the mail.  I am still getting letters that were sent First Class back in December.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

If you haven't received your stimulus payment by the time you file your tax return, you should indicate that when you file your tax return. If it was sent out and you receive it before your tax return is processed, the IRS will just deduct the stimulus payment from your refund, since they know how much they sent you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I suggest you wait until at least the 25th to file the return indicating the missing money since the IRS had until 1/15 to mail out the payment.   And since the IRS will not process anything until mid February you have time to wait and be patient.    If   you get the money  after you file then the IRS will delay your return as they correct the error ... no one needs to file in a rush this year.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies