turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nashartz

It has been over 90 days and I have not received my refund yet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Use this TurboTax website to check the status of an e-filed return and if it was either accepted or rejected - https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then a date for Sending will be available on the IRS website.

See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

View solution in original post

48 Replies

Use this TurboTax website to check the status of an e-filed return and if it was either accepted or rejected - https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then a date for Sending will be available on the IRS website.

See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".   

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  

- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.  

- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.

It should then transfer you to an agent.

j-monzon

I recommend calling the IRS as soon as possible and ask them questions. I had an issue with my taxes last year (not my fault). After calling numerous time by June, I find out why my taxes were delayed because the IRS did not receive my W-2 from one of my employers, and it causes discrepancies for my income. I obtain the information they required for me to have from my employer and send it by the beginning of July 2018. By the end of September, I had not received my taxes. I had to get a tax advocate for the IRS to release my taxes. After that, it took two weeks to get my taxes. In the end, I waited a total of eight months for the IRS to release my taxes even after having all the information they needed. I recommend to call them regularly and if you submitted all the paperwork they ask, get a tax advocate. They will help you get your taxes as soon as possible.

I've called the tax advocate line and they said they'd have one contact me within 5-7 days after I held for over an hour... still was not contacted by a tax advocate...

Status still says processing and been 90 days
Vega202

Mine too! Any luck?
erod

I also have not received my tax refund yet. I submitted using TurboTax on March 13. I called the IRS at the end of April using the number listed here asking why my refund was not sent to me. They said it was selected for review. Then I received a letter dated May 1st stating that the refund would take 60 days to process, and if not to contact them again. It is more than 60 days later and still no refund. It has been nearly 4 months since I filed and still no refund. I never had this problem before and have no idea what else to do.  I am currently waiting to speak to someone at the IRS. Will update with more info.

UPDATE: The IRS said my refund is being held up by the IVO department, but they have no idea as to why it is being held up. They sent in a referral to that department but an answer may take yet another 60 days.

Yenool384

It seems like the irs is holding alot of refunds and telling people that it was our boss who didnt send in a w2 all the other employees got everything on time this is bull **bleep**.. I am going to call everyday because they have made me check this app and my bank account everyday for the past 5 months.....they said they had 60 day to do the review...then they said they emailed someone to have the funds released and nothing yet
Yenool384

It seems like the irs is holding alot of refunds and telling people that it was our boss who didnt send in a w2 all the other employees got everything on time this is bull **bleep**.. I am going to call everyday because they have made me check this app and my bank account everyday for the past 5 months.....they said they had 60 day to do the review...then they said they emailed someone to have the funds released and nothing yet

I am right there with this group. mine has now gone over 90 days. I got the same letter, with the same 60 days to review. well that 60 days has come and gone and NOTHING. no notice and no money. WTH?

this is a little insane the the big bad IRS can just hold our money like this for no reasons, go past their deadlines with no explanation. If we do that we are fined.

Who can I call? 

Who can WE turn too?

Turbo Tax isn't helping. I have the Audit protection, and that's not helping since its not an audit. So WHO?????

SAME HERE. I filed the first week of February in TurboTax told me that I would have my money by February 28th and it never happened so I called they said that I was under review and that I would be getting a letter. I got the letter and they said they needed 45 days and then a couple weeks later I got another one saying I needed 60 days. So 60 days came and went I called again said on the phone for two hours for a two-minute conversation they said that it was under review with the department they have no idea why or how to help me but that they would send them an email to let them know that my time is up and they need to do something so I got another letter saying they needed an additional 60 days and today was the end of the 60 days and it still says processing and still have yet to get any money. I don't understand what's going on I had to employers last year and both of them said they sent everything in and I believe them because every other employee which is a lot got their refunds just fine. I finally wrote the IRS a letter since phone call seemed to be doing nothing a very detailed letter asking for somebody to please answer me and tell me what I can do to make the ball rolling. They are just holding my money and don't understand how horribly it's affecting my life. Nor do they care. I don't know what else to do but wait. The IRS knows they have this power over us and they don't care. It's just the government control. All I know is I have a lot of money sitting out there and I feel like I'm never going to get it at this point. I hate to say it but I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one going through this exact situation. If anybody gets their return Please jump back on here and let us know to give us hope.

have you heard anything yet? 

FOR THOSE STILL WAITING!!!!

I spoke with the IRS  a couple of weeks ago, they said I was being audited and needed proof of income. I was so confused because they have my W2's and i didn't claim anything crazy on it other than my child and a tiny donation that I have a receipt for. They told me they mailed a letter out on July 3 and I would get it no later than august 13. Well. That was yesterday and did not get anything. I was going to wait till monday to call but, I just looked at the wheres my refund, as I have done EVERYDAY FOR 8 MONTHS, and o...m....g.... it said my refund was accepted and my refund is MORE than I was supposed to be getting and they have a deposit date of Aug 16th. I will not start celebrating until its actually IN my account but i've stared at the same screen for so many months and to see that screen pop up, i thought I was dreaming. UGH!!! who else is still waiting???

YeeHaw

I’ve had the same run around. I filed on 5/1. They said they needed to verify the withholding from my employer because it was too high. That shouldn’t take more than a day. I was assigned a tax advocate whose voicemail still says she will be out of office in July..... it’s August. I’ve called and left message after message and I faxed her a letter. Nothing. I called irs yesterday and the lady said that I could escalate the issue by calling the office, only for that number to  be the exact same number as the tax advocate’s number who isn’t calling back. I see that nobody has been able to get a definite course of action. There is zero reason for this holdup and I need to know what I need to do to get my money because I really need it now. Anyone know? 

Is anyone else still waiting. I filed my income tax refund in the beginning of February. and as of 10-11-2019 i have yet to receive it. Ive been dealing pretty much the same situation as other people it seems like. At first i was told that they needed to verify the information on my w-2 and to wait xx amount of days. I offered to send in a copy of my w2 and was told they could not take it because i could alter it some how. When i questioned if they sent a request to my employer they stated they had not so how were they going to verify my w2. after waiting the requested amount of days i called again and was told they were going to submit an email for an inquiry and to wait for them to process it which takes approximately 45 - 60 days. A month into waiting for that time frame, i received a letter that basically verified i called on May 8th and an inquiry was submitted and to wait 45 days. Well i call back on June 24th which was past the 45 day mark from May 8th and was basically told that im supposed to wait until 45 days from the date of the letter i received which was June 8th. To which i responded with the fact the letter i received only verified that i called on May 8th. The IRS sent out this letter 30 days after i called and an inquiry was submitted to buy themselves more time. I give in and i wait again the requested 45 days. Call back and the worker told me that I should be receiving my refund soon. They have everything thing they need..W2 and they can see the numbers are correct. Just need to give them time. So i wait and wait. A month goes by and i call again this time a worker tells me ive been misinformed. They have my w2 and they can see the number on my return and w2 match but it doesnt match what my employer said and i need to call and speak with someone in the ACQP. Do that and they state they need either a letter from my employer verifying my w2 is correct or a copy of my last pay stubs for 2018. Call my employer and they stated there was no way that the information was wrong.  The amount on my w2 was the amount they submitted. So i send in copies of my pay stubs by fax and certified mail. Fax goes through and i received the card from the certified mail stating it was received and someone within the IRS signed for it. I call in and the woman i spoke with said they received it and to wait 6 weeks. Wait 6 weeks and then call back only to be told they never received the copies of my check stubs and they also dont understand why i have yet to receive my refund because on her end she can see everything matches up. Now another email has been sent and i am forced to wait an additional 30 days which puts me at November 5th. After speaking with other people and coworkers who are having the same issues I have found out that the ones who are having problems like this all filed using turbo tax. The coworkers who did not use turbo tax had no problems or issues receiving their refunds. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies