Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I set up direct deposit for my tax return, why is the IRS sending me a check.

i have had a huge issue discovered today.  When I opted to get direct deposit ,having used turbo tax for a few years now, the bank account shown was already pre-filled out so I clicked yes.  Because I still had the same bank and account number.  Turns out the last digit of the bank account number was missing.  This was NOT my mistake!  why did turbo tax not have the last digit .. I have used them in previous years and I had no reason to think that the last numerical number would have been cut off and/or left out .  Again, this was not my error.  Turbo tax got paid their fees and I still do not have my refund.  Due to the corona virus both my part time jobs are closed.  I am frantic because now I have under 50 cents in my account.  two teens and I desperately needed my refund.  It was 21 days this past friday and so when I finally reached the IRS was told that this wednesday, (today) the funds would be sent to my account.  They werent.  so I called again to the IRS and out of curiosity wanted to double check the routing account information to discover the last zero was not on the account number!  Now I'm having to wait til the bank rejects the funds sent, send back to turbo tax and thus wait another couple of weeks for a paper check from turbo.  This is a huge inconvenience and I am completely disgusted and upset.  TURBO tax HAD my electronic information already in their system so why the heck did this problem surface?  of all things!  I am desperate for my refund .. I cannot work due to mandated shut downs and this is causing a true hardship that words cannot even describe!  What the heck!!!

I have new bank card how can I change it so I can get direct deposit on my refund 

have you submitted your tax return 

Have you already submitted your tax return @Jaxxon1218  

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

@Jaxxon1218 In most cases, once the IRS has accepted your return (or you've already mailed it), there's not much you can do. If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check. If you haven't filed yet, you can still change your bank account info for direct deposit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Celetej78
Returning Member

I efiled and opted for dd by my taxes were offset will the irs still have my dd information

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, if your tax return has your personal bank information that was used to either receive a direct deposit of your refund or was used to pay your tax due then the IRS has your bank information to use for your direct deposit of your stimulus check.  The fact that your refund was offset did not remove your banking information.

I need to check my direct deposit numbers to make sure you have the right number

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You can review the direct deposit account information you entered by looking on your printed return. This will be found on your 1040 under the Refund section (look for line 76). 

If you have already filed, please follow the instructions in this FAQ to print your return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-thi...

terrie43
Returning Member

When will I be getting my check 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

For info concerning the date your refund check will be mailed to you, please visit the Where's My Refund? tool located at the IRS website.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Debford55

can I set up direct deposit

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

it might be because the direct deposit information was incorrect on the return. If the IRS notified you they are sending a check, it may be too late to set up direct deposit. You may wish to periodically check the IRS website and select the get my payment tool to see if you can change your payment to a direct deposit.

The IRS is scheduled to send my stimulus check in 5 more days, because I just checked the status. Is it ok to fill out a non filers form to update my checking info for direct deposit in order to get my stimulus check faster? Since waiting for the paper check or sending the required paper to process my 2019 tax refund, will take far too long!

I’m having that same issue never had a problem before. I’m curious to know I’ve gotten my tax return through turbo.  I e- filed so I’m Wondering why  the issue?? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies