Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I recieved a text message stating that there was an error on a tax calculation it mentioned an amount of money that was available for me and should i call irs tomorrow ?

I feel i should call the irs tomorrow to find out if its real of if someone is trying to scam me
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I recieved a text message stating that there was an error on a tax calculation it mentioned an amount of money that was available for me and should i call irs tomorrow ?

Who sent you a text message?   The IRS does not send text messages to you or call you to say that they owe you money.  The IRS does not call you--period.     Be careful---it is likely some sort of scam.  Do not provide any information to anyone who is texting you and saying they are from the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

this is a scam. if you were due money the IRS would send you a letter - no text - no e-mail or just send you the refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies