Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ghobhann

I received a deposit to my bank account in the amount of 3,364.80$ from a "tax products pe4, sbtpg llc". The IRS already confirmed that they sent 9,218.00$. Where is my $

When speaking to the IRS representative, I was informed that nothing had been taken out, and that the full amount that was approved for my return was in fact, 9,218.00$. 

I understand that I owe TurboTax fees for using the services, but there is no way that they ran up 5,853.20$. 

I already tried calling the TurboTax number, but the robot informed me to call the IRS if I had any questions. There is no clear way to speak to a human representative. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I received a deposit to my bank account in the amount of 3,364.80$ from a "tax products pe4, sbtpg llc". The IRS already confirmed that they sent 9,218.00$. Where is my $

Maybe that is your state refund?

Since you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted.  The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Sofiy

Hi, Did you have the rest of your return yet? It happened to me too. 

Noidant74

Did the same to me. my total refund was 10,000

Tax products pe4 only deposit 1,990 from that 

where is the rest of my money who can I contact to get it

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Noidant74 

Sometimes refunds are lower than expected if you elect to have Turbo Tax fees deducted from your refund, or if you have an offset.  You can see what you are being charged for. Click on Tax Tools from the Menu on the left side in your return. Click Tools then My Fees. This will show you what you are being charged for.

This article will provide information as to why your refund is less.

You can contact the IRS to see if they adjusted your refund. 

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Noidant74  $10,000 is a rather large refund, so are you sure it was correct?  The IRS will send you a letter; they do not notify TT.   Also see:

IRS letters explain why some 2020 Recovery Rebate Credits are different than expected | Internal Rev...

Yes, and I was assured that everything was correct.  You mentioned State Tax deduction.  I work in Florida where there is NO STATE TAX, and again if there were problems it seems you would have brought to my attention to be addressed.  Those people are saying that maybe we made over, I think, $112.000.00, or a social security number was left off, or the last name of one us was left off. This is all rediculos, in my mind.  But again the one thing that I can't understand is this.  Why did your firm no see these supposed errors.  I have used you over the tears and NEVER encountered something like this before.  I came back to you for one overriding reason. I HAD  AND CONTINUE to have complete faith in TURBO TAX.  These are rying times we live in as I have not been able to return to my job in Florida, and all funds are needed.  Please fix this problem as you are our first and last line of defense. From what is being alleged,  there is an $1,100.00 loss to me.

No

@jsilk1223 You have added on to an an old thread that has posts from other people --- it is hard to follow what you are saying about your own return/refund.   You did mention the amount $1100----which sounds like it could be a mix up about a stimulus check amount or the amount of a recovery rebate credit.   If your federal refund was less than you expected, the IRS will mail you a letter in several weeks that explains why the refund is less than you thought it should be.   A lot of people made mistakes when they entered the amounts of stimulus money they received and the IRS has had to cross check and recalculate refunds, so that might be the reason.  Wait for the letter from the IRS.   It takes several weeks for the letter.  TurboTax is never informed when the IRS changes a refund and the IRS will not share any information with TT now.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies