Solved: I realized I made a mistake on my tax return after already submitting it.

I realized I made a mistake on my tax return after already submitting it.

Unfortunately, since you have already filed you will need to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes and re-submit your return.  If the IRS accepts your return, you MUST wait until it has been fully processed and you receive your refund or have paid your balance due.  

The IRS may catch the error and make the correction for you.  If not, you will need to prepare an amended tax return and mail it in. Form 1040X to amend will not be finalized until February 11th. You cannot e-file an amended return.  They have to be mailed, and it takes at least a couple of months for the IRS to process an amended return. In the meanwhile, DO NOT go in and make any changes to your return. 3 weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

Instructions to amend can be found here:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565 

I think you copy the house mortgage and interest and taxes

I put wrong AGI amount my taxes where rejected, now I have been upgrade to your PREIMER package and your requesting a higher fee and you want me to pay out of pocket. All want my original basic package and fees to be taken out of my federal refund when I first file my taxes. How do you upgrade after I file and ask for more money I'm only making a correction

you didn't answer my question why was I upgraded to Premier and cant change to basic. I was only adding AGI amount

@cumber1211 wrote:

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2019 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

OR -

Use the TurboTax Free File program if you are eligible - https://freefile.intuit.com/
If you are eligible you can use the TurboTax Free File Program which is free to file both a federal and state tax return. The Free File Program edition is a full featured personal tax program and on a separate website from the TurboTax online editions.

To qualify for free 2019 federal and state tax returns with the Free File Program, you'll need to meet at least one of these requirements:

• A maximum 2019 adjusted gross income (AGI) of $36,000; or
  • You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
  • You served as active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a maximum 2019 AGI of $69,000 (you'll also need a military-issued W-2).