turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ly6238

2018 Hawaii Tax Return forms cannot view and print

When can I print out the 2018 Hawaii State Tax Return (Turbo Tax -Home and business version)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies
debyew

No, what is listedisted there is how to print a .pdf once the program actually works, which is isn't doing at the moment because of 2 obsolete files. Ihave been trolling help files for 2 weeks, nspoken to TT, and finally found the answer yesterday.  

I tried the fix posted by lindakries on another thread and it worked. "This is the path I took.  C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Deluxe 2018\Forms\hii_18 and deleted all the files (3) that had a modified date of 12/10/2018.  One file was an Adobe Acrobat Document.  I have the deleted files in my recycle bin if it turns out I need to recover the files, but I don't think that will happen."

I did not have an acrobat file, but I did have 2 files dated 12/10 and once those were deleted everything was fine. If you have Premier or Home and Business, my understanding is that you would follow the same path with your version.  

I have seen TT referring to this fix in other threads as well.  Good luck,, this should fix your problem.  

ly6238

Based on the workaround step 4 -Select the Forms you are wanting to print...The Trouble is no Hawaii Tax Form N-11 can be select and print
astrehlo

I agree.  I have TT Home and Business.  I found two of the above files with the modified date.  I deleted them and still same issue:  cant view, save for print the Hawaii tax files.
bamano

I had this same issue about not being able to save my Hawaii tax return in a pdf and after being assisted by tech support on the phone for over 1 hour, the solution was they emailed me a free version of the home and business and this worked.  They first sent me a download version for the premier and this didn't work which is why they sent the home and business version.  I purchased my premier on a CD from Sams Club.  I did mention to support that I read on a post about a programmer asking to delete some files, but they never brought that up.  I forgot her name that helped me and she was very nice and helped me along the way until I got this to work.  She also mentioned that when I do my taxes on premier next year and if it doesn't work, they will email me a free version of the home and business  again.  However, I was told that using premier next year should be no problem importing the taxes that I do this year on home and business.  I think it would be better if they just sent out an update to fix this issue which would be better.

So if anyone else has this issue, ask support if they can send you a free download version of the premier first to see if it might work for you and if not, then the home and business version.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Turbotax and that solved the problem for me. Make sure you backup your returns. 

danohi

I followed  debyew's recommendation to delete those files dated 10 Dec 18 and it worked.  In my case it was only two files.  After that, I was able to efile and save a pdf copy.

TurboTax released the following containment FAQ re: Hawaii printing yesterday  2/25/19.

Has anyone tried this to see if it lets you get around the Hawaii printing issue without having to delete program files?

It says to download the PDF using this specific method from the dropdown File menu.  Then once the PDF is on your computer, open it to print.  See steps in the FAQ.

FAQ:   Why am I not able to print my Hawaii return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7238347

tcamerrer

The workaround from TT will work just fine on a DOWNLOADED/ONLINE program.  The problem occurs only when you have loaded TT via a CD/DVD installation.  On my CD I believe there were two files loaded which should not have been loaded as they are obsolete.  Try the workaround on a program loaded by a CD/DVD.

The instructions above are for the CD/DVD version, not the Online version, since it mentions the File menu in top left corner and "Save As."   I, too, am skeptical that this FAQ would solve this, since it's too simple a "solution".   

But so far, that is the only FAQ they have.  I merely posted it since it was published.  I have been informing Moderators about this issue and have been trying to get one to enter this thread.
tcamerrer

Reinstall the obsolete files and see if the workaround works.  I bet they don't.  I tried the workaround about a week and a half ago before I deleted the two files and I could not print or save Hawaii tax forms.  

I don't have the Hawaii program.    I agree that the FAQ is not likely to help.  It sounds like basic troubleshooting steps in general for all printing problems as a "one-size-fits-all", and not this specific Hawaii problem which is deeper than that.   If it were that basic a problem, we should be seeing an unusual number of problems with all states, not just Hawaii.
tcamerrer

I agree.  Keep posting.  

I purchased my TurboTax CD from Costco. I'm sorry to say that the recent workarounds posted by Intuit don't work. They might be designed to solve different problems, but they don't help in this situation.  

Here are the steps I followed:
1) Run TurboTax as Administrator
2) Open my completed 2018 returns (Federal + HI State)
3) Choose File, Save to PDF
4) View the list of available forms (note: none of my completed Hawaii forms appear on the list)
5) Notice the familiar message that is displayed below the list of selected forms: "Your Hawaii return(s) is currently unavailable to view, print or download because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet"  

I think the next reasonable steps would be to perform a complete uninstall/reinstall of the program, but I'm not going to do that yet.
debyew

I tried the fix posted by lindakries in a different thread and it worked.

"This is the path I took.  C:\Program Files (x86)\TurboTax\Deluxe 2018\Forms\hii_18 and deleted all the files (3) that had a modified date of 12/10/2018.  One file was an Adobe Acrobat Document.  I have the deleted files in my recycle bin if it turns out I need to recover the files, but I don't think that will happen."

I did not have an acrobat file, but I did have 2 files dated 12/10 and once those were deleted everything was fine. If you have Premier or Home and Business, my understanding is that you would follow the same path with your version.  

Hopefully TT will get this into an update sooner rather than later,  Hawaii has not been the only state with this issue.  Very disappointed with TT response to this problem.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies