I need to amend my 1040 I am working on and I can not get there. Been trying to get someone to help on phone and on line with no avail.

i  have not filed because i made an error and trying to correct it but can not get help

You do NOT amend a tax return that has been rejected for an error.  You correct the error and re-file.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a rejected tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901491-how-do-i-fix-a-rejected-return

When you access your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, instead of the page that will Take me to my return, then follow this procedure to get back to the 2018 online tax return.

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  See screenshot

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing