turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gibbsp

I need to add another w-2 to this years return. My federal has already been accepted and my state is still pending. I don’t know how to add this other jobs w-2 ?!?!?!

I have another w2 I never included in my 2020 filing and I don’t know how to add it in to increase my return ?!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I need to add another w-2 to this years return. My federal has already been accepted and my state is still pending. I don’t know how to add this other jobs w-2 ?!?!?!

Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my return now?”  If you did that, you cannot do anything to fix it yet.  The IRS will begin to accept/reject 2020 returns on Friday, February 12, 2021.  You have to wait for the email that tells you if your return was accepted or rejected.  If you do not see an email, check your spam folder.

You cannot change or add anything on the return that you just e-filed, nor can you stop it.  It is too late, just like when you put an envelope in a US mailbox on the corner.

If you left out a W-2, a 1099G, or a dependent, or a 1099 etc…DO NOT change your return while it is “pending.”  The changes will go nowhere.

Now you have to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes to your tax return and re-submit your return. 

If the IRS accepts your return, however, then you have to wait longer until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund.  THEN you can prepare an amended tax return and e-file or mail  it in. You have to be able to work from that return exactly the way it was when it was e-filed originally.  You will need to use a form called a 1040X.

Meanwhile, DO NOT go in and start changing anything on your return in the system, or you will make a mess for yourself.  Sit tight and wait until you see what the IRS does with the return you just e-filed

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am now living in Maine and need to make a return for this state. I have already completed the Federal and the state of Mass. Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No I did not file them yet but I need to complete a part time return for Maine

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@blaisdell36 Has your return already been accepted? If not, you would need to wait until it has been accepted or rejected before you can make any changes. If rejected, you would need to correct any information that caused your return to be rejected as well as make any other changes to your return that you see fit, then proceed to resubmit your return. If accepted, you would need to amend your return. The 1040X Amendment form will be available for filing on 3/25/2021. At that time, you can then follow the instructions in this FAQ here to amend your 2020 tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to complete a return for the state of Maine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the returns for MA and Federal are completed but not filled yet.  But I also need to complete a return for the state of Maine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help me please

@Anonymous This is not live chat----when you post a question you have to wait for a reply---many of us are volunteers who are not punching a time clock.   Go back into your account and click on Add a State so that you can choose to prepare a second state return for the partial year in Maine.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies