Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need a copy of my return for this year (2019) but when I click download/print return it just takes me to a page that I had to print and mail (which I already did) help.

I already mailed the form that was required and I tried contacting the IRS for a copy of my return but they advised I should get it from TurboTax since they can only send me a receipt at the moment. I am currently in the process of home buying and I really need a copy,  which turbotax always gives. does this mean the printed form was never received?

thank you in advance 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

I need a copy of my return for this year (2019) but when I click download/print return it just takes me to a page that I had to print and mail (which I already did) help.

The IRS does not just send you a copy of your tax return upon request.  After a return has been filed and processed by the IRS they want $50 to mail you a copy.  You do not say how long ago you mailed your return to the IRS.  It takes at least 4 weeks from mailing to see anything about your refund on the IRS refund site, and several more before you actually receive your refund.

When you mail a tax return you should use a mailing service that will track it, like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received.

Meanwhile, there is no reason you cannot go ahead and print out another copy of your tax return for yourself.

PRINT RETURN   You need to print a copy of your return?  Sign in to your account using exactly the same account and user ID that you used to prepare your return.
On the bottom of the screen find Your tax returns & documents and click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20a of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

when I go through the year and click "download and print" it does not give me a copy of my return, it gives me a copy of something I have to print and sent out which I already have. thank you.

You are posting from desktop Basic.  That means the files are on your own hard drive.  Did you save your return as a pdf?  You should be able to print out whatever pages you choose to print.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901196-how-do-i-print-a-single-tax-form-in-the-turbotax-cd-downlo...>

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1943980-how-do-i-print-and-mail-a-return-in-the-turbotax-for-windo...>

I  didn't get a download of my return [which must be mailed to IRS] How do I do this ?

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@henry baum Please see the following instructions to retrieve a copy of your 2019 return: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-turbotax-online-return-as-a-pdf/00/26...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tasty81

I need a copy of my 2019 tax papers filed in 2020

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to access your return.

How to access a prior year

If you can’t access your prior year's return, you can request a copy of her transcript from the IRS. IRS Transcript

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies