turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to download my 2017 .tax file. It says that I need to pay first. I paid, but I still can't access my tax file. Does anyone know the solution?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I'm trying to download my 2017 .tax file. It says that I need to pay first. I paid, but I still can't access my tax file. Does anyone know the solution?

If access to your 2017 return file is locked, and it asks you to pay, then the minimum payment to unlock it is to pay for a 2018 return in PLUS (19.99) or a higher paid edition in the SAME account.   What did you pay for, and was it by credit/debit card?

You appear to be using Online Deluxe, which is 59.99 for Federal (and 44.99 for state, if applicable).   Payment for the Federal return should unlock prior returns.    Is Deluxe what you are using (or used)?   If so, did you pay the 59.99 by credit/debit card?   And is the 2018 return in the same account as the 2017 return?

Have you already filed your 2018 return, or is it still in preparation?    If already filed, did you use Deluxe?   Or did you try to upgrade after filing and upgraded too far?

We can tell you what to do when you answer all the questions above.

chazzed

i was just successfully charged 119. for the premier to continue. purpose was to continue filing an accepted 2017 extension which was never finsished before online was closed Oct 2018.   I am in a loop and evrytime i try to down;load 2017 taxfile it keeps asking me to pay. SO frustrating and no one to walk thru this

Did you pay the $119 for Online 2018 in the same account that 2017 return is in?  Or did you buy the 2017 Desktop program to finish?  You have to pay for a 2018 online account to unlock prior years.

Contact Customer Service 5am-5pm Pacific M-F
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

chazzed

also this error msg:

clipboard_image_0.png

chazzed

yes, i have only one account.

how about an answer or a phone number to call

Sorry if paying for a 2018 online return didn't unlock 2017 you need to contact support at the link above.  They only give you a phone # during office hours, which are open until 5pm today (8pm Eastern).

What is the Turbo Tax Phone number

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632  

And did you see this article?   How to finish a prior year online return   https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

Just thought of something.  Try logging in using a different browser.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies