Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

I'm trying to do amendment on my income tax

2 Replies
Returning Member

I'm trying to do amendment on my income tax

I didn't add my daughter on my income tax I thought I did but I did it

Expert Alumni

I'm trying to do amendment on my income tax

If you have already filed, you might not be able to go back to add.  You can return to the program to make corrections without amending only if your return is being rejected. If your return is accepted, to add information, you will have to amend it. You cannot just go back to edit.


If your return got rejected for any reason, you can return to the program to add your dependent along with other changes and re-submit it. For instructions, click here Fix a reject 2019.  You do not need to file an amendment 1040-X.


If your return has been accepted, you will have to amend by filing a Form 1040-X.  Click here for instructions Amend 2019.  Please note that you should not try to amend your return until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or your payment has cleared.  If by editing the information does not change the refund or amount you owe, you do not need to submit the amendment. 



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies