turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I lost the ITTN

I lost my sons ITTN
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

I lost the ITTN

Hi tulipan2121,

In order to retrieve a lost ITIN (that is Individual Taxpayer Identification Number), you will need to call the IRS ITIN Hotline at 1-800-908-9982. You can answer a series of questions to verify your identity and the IRS will provide you the number.

Keep in mind, if it has been several years since the number has been used, the IRS will deactivate the ITIN and require you to resubmit the Form W-7 and required documentation (original passport) to obtain a new ITIN.

Hope that helps!

AntP1985

I lost the ITTN

Los my ITIN number
Lgmason33

I lost the ITTN

Lost my ittin 

I lost the ITTN

@Lgmason33 wrote:

Lost my ittin 

If you submitted an IRS Form W-7 for an ITIN because you are not eligible for a Social Security number and do not remember your ITIN, then Read the answer at the top of this thread.

darlajye

I lost the ITTN

I lost my ITTN

I lost the ITTN

In order to retrieve a lost ITIN (that is Individual Taxpayer Identification Number), you will need to call the IRS ITIN Hotline at 1-800-908-9982. You can answer a series of questions to verify your identity and the IRS will provide you the number.

Keep in mind, if it has been several years since the number has been used, the IRS will deactivate the ITIN and require you to resubmit the Form W-7 and required documentation (original passport) to obtain a new ITIN.

I lost the ITTN

I lost my ITTN

I lost the ITTN

@Jvierrubio23 wrote:

I lost my ITTN

READ the answer provided directly above your post on this thread.  It gives you the answer to your problem.

I lost the ITTN

Hi im lost Tax Id paper and forget Tax id numbers.How to get numbers back .Help me please thank you.

I lost the ITTN

@Zolboo0407 wrote:

Hi im lost Tax Id paper and forget Tax id numbers.How to get numbers back .Help me please thank you.

Your taxpayer ID is your Social Security number.  If you are not eligible for a SS number then it is the ITIN that was issued to you by the IRS.

I lost the ITTN

I lost my ittn card and need a replacement

I lost the ITTN

What Do I Do If I Lose My ITIN Number?

If you lose your Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), you may not need to submit another IRS W-7 ITIN application form to apply for a new one. The IRS will mail you a copy of your number after verifying your identity. You will first need to contact the IRS and you will be asked a series of questions which will verify your identity. If you’re within the U.S., you can call the IRS toll-free at 1-800-829-1040. Outside the U.S., the number to call is 1-267-941-1000 (long-distance phone charges may apply).

What Would Cause the IRS To Not Provide My Lost ITIN?

You will not be provided with your lost ITIN if it has expired. If your ITIN was not included as part of a U.S. federal tax return at least one time during the most recent three consecutive years, the number will expire automatically. In this case, you will need to renew your ITIN by submitting an ITIN number form, also known as a W-7 tax form. 

Márquez

I lost the ITTN

Lost my suegras itin

I lost the ITTN

@Márquez Did you read the reply about your issue that is directly above your own post?   If you did not read it, return to your post and scroll up a little bit and read what it says about a lost ITIN.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies