turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Johnboy44

Waiting for software to amend prior return

I need to amend my returns for 2015 and 2016 which were done online using an iMac. When I followed the links on this site, I had to request special software. I placed that request on Dev. 29 but still haven't received it. Why do I need special software and how much longer will I have to wait for it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

They don't have the special amend program for Mac like they do for Windows.  So you have to request the actual full program.   If you are having trouble getting it then call in

Contact Customer Service 7 days a week 5AM-9PM Pacific time https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Did you look to see if it is in your TT account?
Johnboy44

Not sure how to do that? I was expecting an email notice about it. Please explain - thanks!
Johnboy44

P.S. I was logged into my TT account when I followed the amending instructions and mae the initial request

Yes you are suppose to get a code to enter into this next form
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3978848-amend-prior-year-return-mac-software-request-download">htt...>

Try requesting it again.  Maybe your email address is wrong.  You should get the code back right away.  Check back through your emails.  Maybe it went into the junk or spam folder.
Johnboy44

I have checked my Junk folder - nothing there but ads from TurboTax. I will try requesting it again. Thanks for the help.

They don't have the special amend program for Mac like they do for Windows.  So you have to request the actual full program.   If you are having trouble getting it then call in

Contact Customer Service 7 days a week 5AM-9PM Pacific time https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

Johnboy44

Thank you so much for this link. I just spoke to a very nice woman who walked me through the downloads I needed. Now all I have to do is get to work 🙂
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies