Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Natelinda

I want to cancel my account with the Turbo tax prepaid card account but I can't seem to figure out how.

I cannot afford the interest on the card I am on assisted living just barely enough to get by

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I want to cancel my account with the Turbo tax prepaid card account but I can't seem to figure out how.

As this is a public forum, we cannot assist you with your personal account here.

Please see the following link for more information on how to contact customer service.

Info from TurboTax for Debit Card

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same problem ! I tried to cancel the turbo debit card since 2 months.  There is no way no Web chat available, no Phone number to call and speak to a representative, by email i didn't get any answer. If someone has a solution please let me know

Hi ! Is your account finally closed ?

Yes! I tried to log in to the app the next day and a window popped up saying the account was closed and the login no longer existed. 

This is the exact reason I'll never be a turbotax customer ever again. I have been for 6 years straight and they put us all in bed with this slightly criminal enterprise. It has been next to impossible to make any changes to my account. I have the unfortunate luck of having moved just after filing my taxes and changing my address has been impossible with them. I simply want to get my money out of my account and cannot so far. The only solution I can attempt to do is to ask for a replacement card and have it sent to my old address, hoping that it is forwarded to me by the USPS. 

@heftyjnels  I will not be using turbo tax to file moving forward either, you put it perfectly. I feel as though I was set up for a scam by a company that I trusted - not anymore. 

If I were you, I’d call them and push through the automated system until you have the option to speak to the fraud department. They were able to close my account. Good luck to you! 

I finally closed it.

jeanneth

Have you resolved your issue? I have the exact same problem, since December I’ve been trying to get my money out of the account in order to close it. People in the phone seem very useless, lots of language barriers, talked to multiple representative and one even made me email a picture of my drivers license and utility bill to [email address removed] in order to get a refund. But that never happen. I filled a report as you suggested. Just wondering if your issue has been resolved. How can I change my direct deposit info in the IRS in order to receive the stimulus check to my personal checking account I have with SDCCU bank? 

jeanneth

How did you resolve your issue!? I am in the exact same situation. Please share if you managed to get your money out. Thanks 

jeanneth

So were you able to close your account?

Yes you pull your money out from the card, and then the account just closed and turbo never else’s for the money 

Yes you pull your money out from the card, and then the account just closed and turbo never ask  for the money it took a year for it to clear just don’t pay it

It deletes itself after a year the computer will ask for money just don’t pay a turbo wont ask for money

After weeks of trying, and speaking to both a turbo tax rep and green dot rep, it seems both companies are trying to point the blame at each other. When logged into the app, there is a “close my account” button that takes you to turbo tax prepaid card FAQ page. The faq states that users should spend the account down to $0 then call the number on the back of the card. (If you have an odd dollar amount on your card that cannot be withdrawn from an atm I recommend donating to an online charity, in order to get your account balance to zero.) After doing this, call the number on the back of the card and DO NOT enter your card information after listening to theautomated  COVID update. Instead, wait for the automated voice to stop talking and push “2” to speak to someone in the fraud department. I sat on hold for over an hour but was finally able to speak with someone. The woman I spoke to, Lynn, was able to “put an action in to have the account closed” and said this could take up to 30 days. She suggested that after 30 days, I try to log into my turbo card account via the app. She assured me that it would be closed but that if for any reason I’m able to login I should call back to follow up. I was able to verify my account was closed a month later. I hope this helps. @jeanneth 

Sam

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies