turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed the recovery rebate on my taxes thinking that i wouldnt get the check but i eneded up getting the check today What should i do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

I filed the recovery rebate on my taxes thinking that i wouldnt get the check but i eneded up getting the check today What should i do?

If you are needing to make a correction, you will need to wait until your e-file is Accepted and then you will Amend your return.  To do this, please review the FAQ here.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

NEW - YOU CAN GET YOUR RETURN BACK!

If you filed and claimed the Recovery rebate credit and then received the full Stimulus payments you can call it back and update your return so it isn't delayed

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-ve-already-claimed-the-recovery-rebate-credit-ho...

What if i just left my return like it was and ripped up the check?

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies