turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Recovery Rebate refund questions

Yo Yo my friends

I'm a little confused about my status of my Recovery Rebate Refund

I filed my 2020 taxes through HR BLOCK and my tax refunds (STATE and FEDERAL)

WERE deposited in the emerald debit card that I was issued from HR BLOCK

SO NOW THE PAST COUPLES MONTHS I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE RECOVERY REBATE REFUND OF $1400 

NOW I STILL HAD MY EMERALD DEBIT CARD FROM HR BLOCK FROM THE 2020 REFUNDS I RECEIVED FROM FILING MY 2020 TAX YEAR 

FIRST THING I DID WAS CALL THE PHONE NUMBER ON THE BACK OF THE EMERALD DEBIT CARD TO SEE IF IT HAS BEEN DEPOSITED

I LEARNED THAT THE 2020 TAX REFUNDS I RECEIVED FROM THAT SPECIFIC YEAR,THE RECOVERY REBATE REFUND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DEPOSITED ON THE DEBIT CARD I RECEIVED MY STATE AND FEDERAL REFUNDS FROM THE 2020 TAX YEAR 

WELL I CALLED THE CARD AND FOR REASONS I DON'T KNOW,MY EMERALD DEBIT CARD WAS NOT ACTIVE ANYMORE 

RITE IM THINKING THAT MAYBE THE IRS TRIED DEPOSITING IT AND WASN'T ABLE TO BECAUSE OF THE CARD WAS NOT ACTIVE ANYMORE

SO I WENT TO HR BLOCK AND DISCUSSED WITH TAX AGENT AND WHAT WAS DONE ,WAS I WAS ISSUED A NEW EMERALD DEBIT CARD THROUGH HR BLOCK,NEW ACCOUNT AND ROUTING NUMBER, 

THIS WAS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED WITH THE IRS MY BANKING INFO AND WILL BE READY FOR IRS TO MAKE DEPOSITS

TODAY I LEARNED NEW DETAILS

I CALLED HR BLOCK AND TALKED TO THE SAME TAX AGENT

MY EMERALD DEBIT CARD WAS ISSUED TO ME AND ACTIVATED ON AUGUST 2ND 2022

I TOLD HER I'M STILL WAITING FOR MY RECOVERY REBATE REFUND

THE TAX AGENT TOLD ME OVER THE PHONE THAT IT IS BEING PROCESSED STILL AS OF AUGUST 31ST 2022

SHE ALSO TOLD ME SHE FILED A 1040 TAX FORM TOO 

WHEN I WAS AT HR BLOCK THE FIRST TIME ON THE DAY I WAS ISSUED A NEW EMERALD DEBIT CARD, AND I DIDN'T KNOW THIS THAT SHE DID THIS UNTIL TODAY (AUGUST 30TH 2022)

WHEN I CALLED HER ON PHONE THAT

SHE FILED A 1040 TAX FORM 

THEN SHE TOLD ME THE STATUS OF MY RECOVERY REBATE REFUND WAS THAT ITS BEING PROCESSED STIL

I DON'T KNOW THE EXACT DATE IT WAS RECEIVED TO THE IRS AND THE EXACT DATE IT STARTED BEING PROCESSED 

NOW I BEEN DOING A LITTLE RESEARCH ONLINE AND I BEEN COMING ACROSS SEVERAL DIFFERENT REASONS ON DELAYS AND PROCESSING ISSUES

I'M FEELING THAT ALL THE SPECIFIC REASONS ON THE PROCESS OF ON RECEIVING MY RECOVERY REBATE REFUND IS CONFUSION

SO I WANT TO BREAK THIS DOWN AGAIN AND MY QUESTIONS FOR HELP FROM ANYONE WHO HAS A SIMILAR PROBLEM OR KNOW THE REASON OR REASONS ON MY RECOVERY REBATE REFUND STATUS AND HOW MUCH LONGER DO YOU THINK I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY RECOVERY REBATE REFUND ?

THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME ON READING MY PROBLEM WITH MY RECOVERY REBATE REFUND

I REALLY APPRECIATE IT 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Recovery Rebate refund questions

First of all, please stop using all caps when you post a question.   It is like "shouting" to us and it makes your post very hard to read.   This is the user forum for TurboTax.   TurboTax and H & R Block are completely separate software companies.  We have nothing to do with H & R Block or with any of your problems related to the emerald card.   You should be asking H & R Bock about all of this.   TurboTax cannot help with H & R Block issues.

If in fact you filed a tax return then you should be able to track its status on the IRS refund site.   No matter what software you used, you can track the refund if you know the filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount of the refund as shown on line 35a of the Form 1040.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 35a of your 2021 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies