danielstukey97

I filed the recovery rebate on my taxes thinking that i wouldnt get the check but i eneded up getting the check today What should i do?

HeatherPLO

If you are needing to make a correction, you will need to wait until your e-file is Accepted and then you will Amend your return.  To do this, please review the FAQ here.  

NEW - YOU CAN GET YOUR RETURN BACK!

If you filed and claimed the Recovery rebate credit and then received the full Stimulus payments you can call it back and update your return so it isn't delayed

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-ve-already-claimed-the-recovery-rebate-credit-ho...

danielstukey97

What if i just left my return like it was and ripped up the check?