bgreene3turbo

I filed taxes for 2019 already (not with TurboTax), but didn't use direct deposit. I need help getting my bank info to the IRS to receive my CARES stimulus check sooner.

ColeenD3

Will I get my stimulus as a direct deposit or as a paper check?

Here's how it works:

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return with the IRS, and at least one of those returns had a refund which was direct-deposited, the IRS will deposit your stimulus payment into that account (if it's closed, you'll get a check instead.)

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return and neither one had a refund coming, the IRS will mail you a stimulus check. The same holds true if these returns had a refund which was sent as a check.

In other words, if you requested a direct-deposited refund on at least one return in the past two years – 2018 or 2019 – your stimulus will be direct-deposited into that account (assuming it's still valid), and if not, you'll get a check. 

This cannot be changed.

UNity33jj

My 2018 bank formation is different from my 2019 Will they go by my 2019 bank information

VictorW9

Your deposit will likely go to the account you used in 2019. We  do  not have any update specifically to that issue but I will imagine that your latest banking information with the IRS, which is 2019, will be used.

Shepherd693

In my return it had all X's in the bank account fields but i submitted my numbers...why are the X's there ? 

ReginaM

Your bank account information was (XXX) masked out for security purposes, the IRS still received your bank account information.

UNity33jj

I'll was accept on the 12th I still haven't received anything and people are receiving theirs before me and I file before they did my still saying process 

Mike9241

check the IRS website for your refund status.  in reality the time it takes could be longer than 3 weeks. 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds 

UNity33jj

Did that still nothing