Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I filed taxes for 2019 already (not with TurboTax), but didn't use direct deposit. I need help getting my bank info to the IRS to receive my CARES stimulus check sooner.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I filed taxes for 2019 already (not with TurboTax), but didn't use direct deposit. I need help getting my bank info to the IRS to receive my CARES stimulus check sooner.

Will I get my stimulus as a direct deposit or as a paper check?

Here's how it works:

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return with the IRS, and at least one of those returns had a refund which was direct-deposited, the IRS will deposit your stimulus payment into that account (if it's closed, you'll get a check instead.)

If you filed a 2018 and/or 2019 return and neither one had a refund coming, the IRS will mail you a stimulus check. The same holds true if these returns had a refund which was sent as a check.

In other words, if you requested a direct-deposited refund on at least one return in the past two years – 2018 or 2019 – your stimulus will be direct-deposited into that account (assuming it's still valid), and if not, you'll get a check. 

This cannot be changed.

UNity33jj
Returning Member

My 2018 bank formation is different from my 2019 Will they go by my 2019 bank information

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Your deposit will likely go to the account you used in 2019. We  do  not have any update specifically to that issue but I will imagine that your latest banking information with the IRS, which is 2019, will be used.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Shepherd693
Returning Member

In my return it had all X's in the bank account fields but i submitted my numbers...why are the X's there ? 

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Your bank account information was (XXX) masked out for security purposes, the IRS still received your bank account information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
UNity33jj
Returning Member

I'll was accept on the 12th I still haven't received anything and people are receiving theirs before me and I file before they did my still saying process 

check the IRS website for your refund status.  in reality the time it takes could be longer than 3 weeks. 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds 

UNity33jj
Returning Member

Did that still nothing

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies