Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

akitch587

I filed my taxes may 1st 2021 they were accepted may 4 2021 still haven’t received them and now I look on turbo tax and it’s trying to say

I never filed them meanwhile I have the emails saying it was accepted and then emails from turbo tax and Inuit saying I have a balance that need to be paid got there services!!! Why on earth would I pay for something I never even got!!
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

I filed my taxes may 1st 2021 they were accepted may 4 2021 still haven’t received them and now I look on turbo tax and it’s trying to say

What is Turbo Tax saying?   Sound like the IRS is taking too long to send your refund.  Only the IRS or state can tell you when you will get it.  Turbo Tax only gives you an estimated date of 21 days.

Are the fees supposed to come out of your refund?

If the IRS is taking too long to send your refund they will ask you to pay the fees, see step 3 under What happens if the IRS reduces my refund......
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/what-if-my-federal-refund-isn-t-enough-to-cover-my-t...

If you don't pay they will automatically debit your bank account. Then when the IRS does send your refund they won't take the fees out again And, Why you got charged,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

2021?  Is that a typo or do you really mean 2021?  Over three years ago?   If you are looking in your online account for information about a 2021 return, you might be looking in the wrong account if it says you did not file.

Many people have multiple TT accounts and forget how to access them.  Log out of the account you are in now.

Account Recovery

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535-forgot-your-turbotax-online-user-id-or-password

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901486-how-many-turbotax-accounts-do-i-have

Do you mean you expected a refund for a 2021 return and you did not ever get it?   When did you file your 2021 return?   Did you file by e-filing it in 2022, or did you file late and mail it in?

And....if you owe tax due for 2021, the online account is always going to show that you had an amount due.  That will not change -- your online account only shows the result of the tax return you prepared.   TurboTax never knows how, when or even if you paid your tax due.  Your proof that you paid the IRS or state is your own bank or credit card statement.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@akitch587 wrote: I filed my taxes may 1st 2021 they were accepted may 4 2021 still haven’t received them and now I look on turbo tax and it’s trying to say I never filed them meanwhile I have the emails saying it was accepted and then emails from turbo tax and Inuit saying I have a balance that need to be paid got there services!!! Why on earth would I pay for something I never even got!!

"I filed my taxes May 1st 2021..."

So are you asking about a 2020 return???

"it's trying to say I never filed them."

What does that mean?  How is TurboTax trying to say that?   Or are you saying you can't find the 2020 return in your account?    If you're asking about a 2020 return, are you able to find evidence of the 2020 return in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents?"     If you log in and find no evidence of the return, we can tell you the steps to look for it, including how to check to see if you have multiple accounts.   Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.

@akitch587 We need more information.    Please explain what tax year's income you put on a tax return, and tell us when you filed that tax return.   We are not sure if you are asking about a 2020 return that you filed in 2021, or  what.   If you recently used the online software and thought you were filing a 2021 tax return, that was incorrect, since online is only for 2023.   We need to understand what you did in order to help you.  Please click Reply and post back to us.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
akitch587

the tax return was from 2020 and I filed them may 1st 2021 - but TurboTax is saying I never filed them but I have the emails saying that it was accepted from the irs and I also have emails saying that I now owe for filing my taxes but I never got my taxes back at all and I also never received not one stimulus check either !

akitch587

And yes the taxes are for the year 2020 and I filed them may 1st 2021 and the irs accepted them may 4th 2021… and when I go into my turbo account I can’t find my tax information at all now !

akitch587

They are saying they can’t find it but it was accepted and everything 

akitch587

And nope not a typo it’s really been 3 years ! I filed may 1st 2021 they were accepted may 4th 2021 they were filed for the year 2020 and I never got my refund back or my stimulus checks I never received not one of them !

akitch587

Yes I’m asking about 2020 tax return 

@akitch587 wrote:

Yes I’m asking about 2020 tax return 

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Start the 2023 online tax return by entering some personal information then click on Tax Home on the left side of the screen.

On the Tax Home webpage -

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

akitch587

I have already tried that- nothing is there

@akitch587 wrote:

I have already tried that- nothing is there

You may have more than one TurboTax online account.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to view your TurboTax accounts - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/many-intuit-accounts-...

akitch587

I filed my taxes on may 1st 2021 for 2020 taxes & they were accepted by the irs on may 4th 2021 but after that I never received anything I never received my tax return or all of the stimulus that year - and every time I contact the irs or turbo tax it says nothing is found but I have emails to prove everything that I filed and that I am being charged for filing my taxes that year- and when 2022 came I then filed my taxes for the year of 2021 I filed them they were accepted and I did actually get that return … so make it make sense ??  & I do not owe the irs anything I never did so that wouldn’t be a reason for me to not receive my return 

akitch587

Yes I have two turbo accounts I have checked both of them already .. nothing is there

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies