whsieh

I filed my tax last night and realized that I missed a tax form (1099-DIV), what should I do.. :'(

Hello,

I filed my tax using Turbotax deluxe software last night and realized that I missed a tax form from my stockbroker.  Fidelity did not mail the tax form to me, so I totally missed it. May I know what I should do with this situation? Do I have to resubmit my tax? Do I have to pay an additional fee to resubmit my state tax..? Please help.. I really don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance for the help!.

DawnC

For right now, you should just wait.  Let the IRS process your tax return and issue any refund.   After that, you can file an amendment by following the instructions here.   There is no fee to file an amendment unless you have to upgrade in the process.   

Keep in mind: You have 3 years from the date you filed your return or 2 years after you paid the tax due (whichever is later) to file an amendment.

DawnC

whsieh

Much appreciated for your kindly reply! 🙂 You are the best!