Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

levin1994
Returning Member

I filed my 2019 tax and it got accepted by IRS on February 06,20. But why I havent get any update from Irs regarding my refund. it kept saying in process. also am I getting my stimulus check at the

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I filed my 2019 tax and it got accepted by IRS on February 06,20. But why I havent get any update from Irs regarding my refund. it kept saying in process. also am I getting my stimulus check at the

Your tax refund and stimulus check are not combined.  

Waiting is frustrating—refunds are taking longer in many cases.  These are not normal times.  It is not possible for TurboTax to speed up the IRS for you.  It seems to be taking longer than usual for them to process returns.  They are short staffed; and they are processing millions of tax returns at the same time that they have been burdened with the task of processing millions of stimulus checks.  The IRS is not taking calls right now.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

TurboTax gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer.  Many refunds are taking longer during the pandemic. 

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20 of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901548-why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, that will take some extra time, while the third party bank handles the refund processing.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
levin1994
Returning Member

I did called IRS regarding my tax refund. They said that I have to review with Turbo tax again also apply the stimulus check thru here.  I dont understand why I have to review it again and they mention about file amendment, which I am not so good it come to do this process, is there anyone can help me how to get this fix? thanks

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

TurboTax does not handle stimulus processing and is not involved in determining or making stimulus payments.

If your return is under review with the IRS, TurboTax does not receive updates. Did they give you an indication of what area of your return was causing the delay?

Should you have to amend, follow the steps below:

1. Log into your TurboTax account
  2. Choose the tax year that you wish to amend
  3. Click Amend
  4. Make any necessary changes

Keep in mind that when you are amending, the refund tracker monitors the difference from your original filing to the amended return. It does not include any original refund or balance due. If you are claiming any previously unclaimed credits, you will see the difference as an additional refund amount. 

Telephone Assistance: IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time. For Economic Impact Payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

IRS Telephone Assistance

Information about who is getting the stimulus check can be found in the links below:

What do I need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package?

Economic Impact Payments

The IRS has created a Get My Payment portal to track the progress of these payments for taxpayers.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
levin1994
Returning Member

They Said its nothing wrong but they just need to review it again with turbo and refile. They never mention anything about whats error. I got the noticed a while ago saying that IRS just want to confirm this identity, with no need action if thats me they said.  Is possible I click amendment by accident a while ago? so they think I try to fix something but never send them that amendment? I never want to fix or change anything on my claim, Could you pls check? thank You.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

It depends.

Usually the IRS does not confirm anything with TurboTax and then ask you to refile.  Your return has either been filed or not.  You can use the following link to ensure your return was filed and accepted.

Checking E-File status

If your return shows up as being filed and accepted, you need to wait for the IRS to process your return.

It sounds like there may be some identity theft issues based upon your post.  Please see the following link for more information on how the IRS handles situations like this.

Identity theft verification

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies