turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dray4t9

My state tax due was supposed to be deducted from my checking account on 3/15. It never got deducted. WHY NOT ???

My state tax due was supposed to be deducted from my checking account on 3/15. It never got deducted. WHY NOT ???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

TurboTax only sends the information to the state, if they didn't withdraw it you'll need to contact that as to why it didn't happen.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dray4t9

I contacted the Indiana Dept. of Revenue. They said that they DO NOT accept 3rd party payments from any source. Therefore, you need to change your software to not allow Indiana people to request an automatic payment to the state. This will avoid people like me not having to waste their time tracking down why their payment didn't get posted.
dray4t9

I contacted the Indiana Dept. of Revenue. They said that they DO NOT accept 3rd party payments from any source. Therefore, you need to change your software to not allow Indiana people to request an automatic payment to the state. This will avoid people like me not having to waste their time tracking down why their payment didn't get posted.

When you are ready to file your state return, TT tells you which options your state permits. Did you not see that?
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

If you chose to have them withdraw from your bank account, generally, the funds are withdrawn on the payment date you specified, if your return has been accepted. If you still don't see the debit 7-10 days (some states do take a bit longer) after your return has been accepted and your specified date, you will need to call your State. 

If you did not chose a withdraw date, the default is April 15, 2019.

How do I contact my state Department of Revenue?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

For questions on state refunds, use your State Refund Lookup tool.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies