I completed my tax returns, but have not filed (ma...

jtkaliday

I completed my tax returns, but have not filed (mailed) them. Now, I need to make a correction before filing tomorrow. How do I do this?

I do not need to amend a filed return, I need to correct a completed, but nit filed return.
CatinaT1

No, do not file an amendment.  When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  You're not really adding a state but this will take you back in to the 2019 online tax return.  You can make changes and reprint.

FM10

I completed my 2020 tax returns, but have not e-filed them. Now, I need to make a correction before filing. How do I do this after I've saved a pdf copy on my computer? All the software wants to do is start over.

@FM10 wrote:

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return where you can make any changes before filing.

FM10

Nope. that didn't work.  But I meant to say 2020 BUSINESS tax return. I just completed my 2020 tax returns, and on the step asking me if I wanted to e-file it NOW, I realized the employee compensation amount was wrong. I have not e-filed them. Now, I need to make a correction to employee comp  before filing. How do I do this?