Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jtkaliday

I completed my tax returns, but have not filed (mailed) them. Now, I need to make a correction before filing tomorrow. How do I do this?

I do not need to amend a filed return, I need to correct a completed, but nit filed return.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

I completed my tax returns, but have not filed (mailed) them. Now, I need to make a correction before filing tomorrow. How do I do this?

No, do not file an amendment.  When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  You're not really adding a state but this will take you back in to the 2019 online tax return.  You can make changes and reprint.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
FM10
Returning Member

I completed my 2020 tax returns, but have not e-filed them. Now, I need to make a correction before filing. How do I do this after I've saved a pdf copy on my computer? All the software wants to do is start over.

@FM10 wrote:

I completed my 2020 tax returns, but have not e-filed them. Now, I need to make a correction before filing. How do I do this after I've saved a pdf copy on my computer? All the software wants to do is start over.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return where you can make any changes before filing.

FM10
Returning Member

Nope. that didn't work.  But I meant to say 2020 BUSINESS tax return. I just completed my 2020 tax returns, and on the step asking me if I wanted to e-file it NOW, I realized the employee compensation amount was wrong. I have not e-filed them. Now, I need to make a correction to employee comp  before filing. How do I do this?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies