Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

boblopez

I can't print my return the normal way, I am on Apple Mac. latest version, using Apple Safari web browser latest version and the pop up windows appears but no document

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I can't print my return the normal way, I am on Apple Mac. latest version, using Apple Safari web browser latest version and the pop up windows appears but no document

First, check that your printer is working by printing something from a different program. If it is, follow these instructions to print a copy of your return.

If your printer isn't working, many printing problems can be resolved by installing the latest version of Adobe Reader (it's free). 

If that didn't help:

1. Make sure your printer drivers and computer operating system are up-to-date.
  2. Make sure your TurboTax software is up-to-date.
  3. Check that you're using your default printer.
  4. Remove all other devices (like external or thumb drives and scanners) as they can interfere with printers.
  5. Shut your computer and printer down for 15–30 seconds, then turn them back on.
  6. If your printer is on a network, try a direct connection to the printer using a cable.

Related Information:

Solving Printing Problems on a MAC

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
boblopez

Seriously?

That is 1980s advice, I checked all that before I bothered to post here because I don't like to waste anyone's time.

I performed all standard, tradition, well known and common troubleshooting steps. All versions are up to date and otherwise work just fine. Everything is rebooted and triple checked, ad blockers off, standard configuration is the same as last year.

Everything else works just fine.

I can print from all other websites.

This same exact computer, operating system, and printer worked perfectly well to print the form last year.

I did not have enough space to write all that in the initial report which is also a problem with the Intuit website, which makes this service less valuable to us than other tax services.

The one difference is that the Safari web browser is one year newer.

There is a flaw with the Intuit website and printing this year's documents fr TurboTax though Apple Safari web browser.

dayzin

This is a note to anyone trying to print forms out of TurboTax desktop version using the macOS. This may not be applicable if you are printing out of a browser like Safari, etc. but I wanted to share what I found out. Here is the bottom line: BE PATIENT AFTER REQUESTING TURBO TAX TO PRINT! I am currently using Sonoma, 14.4.1. Whenever I tried to print my 2023 tax returns out of TurboTax, or even if I tried to save it as a PDF, I would get the spinning Beachball of doom… and then I would open Force Quit Applications and it would say TurboTax (application not responding). I would then force quit TurboTax and try again after applying some sort of fix, but it kept crashing. But then this morning I found that if I just WAITED FAR LONGER THAN USUAL and let the beach ball spin for a few minutes at least, TurboTax would begin responding again and I was able to print my returns and make PDF copies.

boblopez

Longer than usual would be acceptable if it was only 1 to 5 minutes. But this is for taxes which is one of the most important things hat we do online and far too often we have to print and file a paper return (which is beyond our control) so this puts us in panic mode because the IRS has no sense of humor and no sense of patience at all.

Yes, after checking every hour the first day, mine started working 24 hours later, nut that was too late, I needed to get it done on the first day while I was at home.

As a test I went to a friends house who uses a different OS and a different browser and did my return, it finished immediately and produced the PDF for printing and saving instantly.

So once again Intuit needs to actually take the extra 5 minutes to test TurboTax on Apple macOS with Apple Safari, there are literally millions of us and it is the only "other" OS so there is no excuse (and bad on my 40 years in software development in Silicon Valley I know that the QA department testing Safari is ridiculously simple and easy, plus it helps to justify their job (which can be done by automated tools now so in their position I would test Safari and make sure that I let the boss know that I was actually doing my job.

Otherwise millions of Mac users will abandon TurboTax, I only use it now because I have been using it since 1984 and am disappointed at how poorly Intuit supports Mac user.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies