Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am filing from abroad using TurboTax online. I can't find the form where I am supposed to put my US bank account to receive my third stimulus payment. Where is it?

I am already at the File section and I was not prompted to put that information.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

I am filing from abroad using TurboTax online. I can't find the form where I am supposed to put my US bank account to receive my third stimulus payment. Where is it?

You enter your bank account information in the file section.  It is about 2 steps before you actually transmit your return. 

If your return includes the recovery rebate, be sure that you did not receive the third stimulus last year otherwise, your return will be delayed and corrected by the IRS.  It is a good idea to double check your bank account or your Online IRS account before filing as many people received it and either forgot they did or did not notice they did.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for your reply. I'm certain I did not receive the third check. My problem is I am filing by mail because my wife is an NRA with no social security number and I was instructed by TurboTax to print the return. That being the case, will I still get the opportunity to put my bank information since I will not be filing online.

Thank you.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Yes, even when you do not efile, you will come to the screen that has you pay, then it will ask how you would like your refund.  This is where you will select direct deposit and then enter your bank account information. You will then come to a screen that lets you e-file or you can choose print and mail. When you print your return, your account information will be printed on your 1040. 

Thank you. Turbotax keeps asking me for my wife's social security number. Do I just ignore it as I did last year? Will leaving it blank prevent me from printing my return?

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Yes, you will just ignore it as you have in past years and print it.

Depending on what you plan to do for next year, if you prefer to e-file in the future, you could apply for an ITIN for your wife and then you would be able to file electronically.

You would just  need to mail your return along with the W-7 and any other required documents to

IRS

ITIN Operation

P.O. Box 149342

Austin, TX 78714-9342

Ok that's good to know. Thanks, Vanessa!

Hi Vanessa,

The app is giving me an option to e-file. I'm wondering if i can do that even if my wife doesn't have a social security number?

Hi Vanessa,

It turns out I was not able to e-file my return. I did, however, have to amend it because I had double counted my income. I made the mistake of clicking print my return so the app had me do an Amended return. Furthermore, I noticed that my account information for my refund was "X"ed out in the Amended return. Since all of my income, including the double counted one, is subject to the Foreign Income Exclusion, should I just mail in my original return and not send in the amended one?

Thank you.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Yes, you are correct.  Just mail in the correct original return.  Ignore the 1040X.  

Thank you much!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies