turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

skey12345

I also got a 4464c letter from the irs my return was a simple one filed single and now their checking me out ive never had a problem before in my life with my taxes why now

The TA person was like o give it til March 30 they should be releasing hold but I  don't believe it

I also got a 4464c letter from the irs my return was a simple one filed single and now their checking me out ive never had a problem before in my life with my taxes why now

I was getting very tired of all this also but couldn't help but to keep checking the wmr site everyday and Lo and Behold,I was sooooooo very happy to see that my refund was approved! And I never went through a TA person as I just kept waiting. Hang in there!
skey12345

@johnandconnie198 congrats how long did you have to wait for

Thank you and I just waited 2 weeks after I received the 4464C letter.

I spoke to an agent two days ago who said that she didn't see any notation that a letter went out, but then I got a 4464c dated 3/15/2018. This is crazy.  If they are going to send a letter, why not state what they need verified?  That is, if they even need anything verified.  This is crazy. I was filed/accepted w/ TT 2/9/2018. I've been in this WMR loop of "still being processed" since late Feb.  570 code w/ 3/19/2018 processing date on my transcripts.  I am not using TT next year.

It's very crazy and the Irs is randomly selecting many many returns this year and with manually reviewing them to verify everything because of identity theft and fraud and incorrect returns. I received that letter also on 3/2 and then my refund was approved on the wmr site 2 weeks later and I was surprised as thought I was going to have to wait a lot longer. And in my opinion,it has nothing to do with turbo tax.

@johnandconnie198 Happy to hear that you received your return. Seems like the IRS reps are not consistant with info they are telling people. I do recall the  rep saying something to the effect that they most likely to verify our income. In my case, I work for the state of IL, and my partner works for a large hospital. First year filing as a married couple joint return.  Our w-2s were uploaded at the time we filed.

The Irs told me that my return was delayed because of verification of income,tax withholding or tax credits and ours is a simple return also. They're randomly selecting many returns this year to manually check and verify them as I've seen that with many people on this site. I think that they're trying to basically eliminate the identity theft and fraudulent returns and with the new tax laws.

The IRS said they are doing verification of income on my wife's employment. I spoke with the employer they stated the IRS was very vague on the phone of their needs. The IRS called the HR personal cell for some reason. She attempted to call the IRS back and they did not answer and she had to give information over voicemail. HR said they sent over everything just like everyone in the company. No one has had any problems besides my spouse. I thing it is a good way to withhold funds and earn a bit more interest on the money we hand over throughout the year. Gotta pay for the wall! Anyway one other note is this is the first year I've filed married jointly.  I filed Jan 29th 2018. They told me it will be a 45-60 day wait. I said and when does that time frame start? She said March 5th. So you are telling me I file my taxes in January and 6 months later I'll receive my return. Makes a lot of sense.

My partner and I also filing jointly for the first time this year.  Still waiting w/ no updates.  I hope it's not too much longer.

I think this is the most stupidest thing. I can't belive that people, hard working people that pay taxes and claim the same filing status every year have to go through this. I got this stupid letter on 03/02/18 and it was mailed out on 2/23/18, and same as all of you on here 60 days I have checked every day on WMR on website, and called and I just gave up. I am a single grandmother who has been taking care of my grand daughter for 4 years and prior my three kids, and I have never and I mean never had to go through this.
I just want to know if anyone has got there return and how long did it take after recieving this letter?
skey12345

@aalonzo2001 I feel ya I stop checking WMR at this point am like I know it's something wrong but what I don't understand is y not just tell the person so it can be fixed why wait til 60 days to tell something they can see in the system that's what's bothering me ! The TA aren't really any help either at this point I give up and these feeds was helping but now they aren't because it's same stuff over and over I hope everyone who still waiting like myself get there's soon

I know this is very upsetting and my husband haven't filed any differently than we have for many years and he even made less income last year. I received the same 4464C letter on 3/2 and my refund was approved in 2 weeks on the WMR site and then I received it within a few days,so just hang in there and it will happen soon for you.

I noticed that our 2017 wage income transcript is blank. Could this be the reason our return is delayed? That is, does our income need to be verified by the IRS? 4464c letter that I just received did not ask for anything at this time.  I uploaded the w-2s with our e-filed TT return 2/9/18

...all the other transcripts for 2017 are populated with info.  Also, the past years wage income transcripts are complete.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies