clemtai98

I already filed my taxes for 2020. But I just found another document for another job that I didn't file. How can I file this document in the app? I don't see an option.

When your original return has been FULLY processed you will need to amend your return by using a Form 1040X to add the income that you did not include when you filed.

Select your tax year for amending instructions:

What does it mean to "amend" a return?

·         Do I Need to Amend my Tax Return?

Even during “normal” times it takes about four months for the IRS to process an amended return.  During the pandemic and due to the severe backlog at the IRS it is taking much longer—six months or more for many amended returns.  Do not expect quick results from amending.  When the IRS issues a refund for an amended return it will be by check.  They do not make direct deposits for refunds for amended returns.  You can watch for information here:

https://www.irs.gov/Filing/Individuals/Amended-Returns-(Form-1040-X)/Wheres-My-Amended-Return-1

Mike9241

it is also possible the IRS will catch the unreported income and change your return accordingly.  with an unreported w-2 most likely the IRS will catch it and change your return. 1099-NEC or MISC  only if the totals it has for all these forms exceed what you reported. if less they won't do anything and you'll need to amend