turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I accidently entered information from my 1095-C onto form 8453 and filed. can I correct that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

I accidently entered information from my 1095-C onto form 8453 and filed. can I correct that?

You don't have to correct that. The form 8453 is for electronic attachments and changing it does not impact your refund/tax bill.  Form 1095-C is for information purposes and the IRS may ignore your 8453 attachment.  If they don't and you will receive any correspondence form them, you will be able to explain that the attachment is in error but you have had health coverage all year. 

You would only need to amend if the correction changes the amount of your refund/tax liability.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

You don't have to correct that. The form 8453 is for electronic attachments and changing it does not impact your refund/tax bill.  Form 1095-C is for information purposes and the IRS may ignore your 8453 attachment.  If they don't and you will receive any correspondence form them, you will be able to explain that the attachment is in error but you have had health coverage all year. 

You would only need to amend if the correction changes the amount of your refund/tax liability.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies