Solved: I accidentally marked "checking" account on my direct deposit - it is a "savings" account. Will this make a difference?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally marked "checking" account on my direct deposit - it is a "savings" account. Will this make a difference?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 9

I accidentally marked "checking" account on my direct deposit - it is a "savings" account. Will this make a difference?

No, it should not make a difference. As long as your routing number and account number are correct, the IRS should not have a problem depositing the funds into the account. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 9

No, it should not make a difference. As long as your routing number and account number are correct, the IRS should not have a problem depositing the funds into the account. 

View solution in original post

I disagree, perhaps it's by bank, but I'm currently in the exact situation where the IRS said they made the deposit. My bank said they didn't and it seems to be down to the difference of the checking/saving box.

Expert Alumni

@Nogoria When did the IRS show they sent the refund? Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account.

It's been about eight days. The back verified that it was rejected for that reason.

According the IRS agent I talked to. About three weeks for the rejected deposit to show up for them and then up to five weeks to issue a paper check. 

v
Privacy Settings