Solved: I accidentally marked "checking" account on my direct deposit - it is a "savings" account. Will this make a difference?

I accidentally marked "checking" account on my direct deposit - it is a "savings" account. Will this make a difference?

No, it should not make a difference. As long as your routing number and account number are correct, the IRS should not have a problem depositing the funds into the account. 

I disagree, perhaps it's by bank, but I'm currently in the exact situation where the IRS said they made the deposit. My bank said they didn't and it seems to be down to the difference of the checking/saving box.

@Nogoria When did the IRS show they sent the refund? Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account.

It's been about eight days. The back verified that it was rejected for that reason.

According the IRS agent I talked to. About three weeks for the rejected deposit to show up for them and then up to five weeks to issue a paper check.