turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How long does it take to get your tax refund

I got my federal like a few days after I filed but I’m still waiting for my state tax return and it’s been 23 days since I filed and I still haven’t gotten it in my direct deposit 

@ravenslover2002 wrote:

I got my federal like a few days after I filed but I’m still waiting for my state tax return and it’s been 23 days since I filed and I still haven’t gotten it in my direct deposit 

If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

I filed mine on the 26th and was approved and it's been saying it's being processed all week how much longer 

Where is my state tax at I need to know the day it will be here

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return. Each state handles its own refunds

Please click the TurboTax help link, listed below, to learn how to track your State return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been processed and accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status. The IRS will issue your refund when your return is approved.

If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted,  You will need to contact the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

When you call, make sure you have the following information:

• tax year
  • social security number
  • filing status
  • exact refund amount

Please click When will I get my IRS tax refund? to learn more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It been 22 day since I file my taxes too my   Federal   Taxes king Levon days at about it in my say has now arrived yet a being 22 days

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file status. If it's been processed and accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status. The IRS will issue your refund when your return is approved.

If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted,  You will need to contact the IRS  at 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

When you call, make sure you have the following information:

• tax year
  • social security number
  • filing status
  • exact refund amount

Please click When will I get my IRS tax refund? to learn more.

next year i am not doing this with turbo bad experience take to long dont like it

yes me too

i filled my taxes through turbo tax online and i did it on feb 13 and i signed up for turbo tax prepaid card how long does it take to go on the card

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

To track and get updates on your refund as well as estimated deposit dates refer to the source provided below. It will guide you through tracking your refund.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/wheres-my-refund/

JMCOBB23

I filed March 10 it keeps saying  they are being processed how long will it be could you check on this for me please...

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund. If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it.

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/use-the-wheres-my-refund-tool

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies