• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellmaxx1

How does turbo tax transcribe info to the form? There was a mistake on my 2017 form and I need to know if it was mine or theirs

8 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15

How does turbo tax transcribe info to the form? There was a mistake on my 2017 form and I need to know if it was mine or theirs

Where do you see a mistake?  Which form or schedule and Line number?
ellmaxx1

Box 1 from w-2 is on form as less than on w-2
DoninGA
Level 15

If the amount shown on Line 7 of a Form 1040 or 1040A is more than the totals of the W-2's box 1, see if there is a three character code to the left of Line 7.  Is there a SCH with a number to left of Line 7?  Did you enter education expenses on your tax return with any scholarships?
Critter
Level 15

If it was less (not more)   then did you import the W-2  or enter it manually ?
ellmaxx1

I put in manually
When I review return it has been put on the irs form
I can’t see the info as I originally entered it
That is why I asked how turbo tax transcribes
To see if I or they made the error
DoninGA
Level 15

What is entered on a tax form is based on the user entries or imported tax data.
Look at the W-2 worksheet that is included in the PDF download.  The worksheet has what was entered by you for the W-2.
Is there any three character letters to the left of Line 7 Form 1040 as asked previously?
ellmaxx1

I see no characters
The info is computer transferred?
Not by a person?
So the mistake was mine?
Critter
Level 15

Call TT support on Monday ... 

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Support can also be reached during business hours by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v