ellmaxx1

How does turbo tax transcribe info to the form? There was a mistake on my 2017 form and I need to know if it was mine or theirs

Where do you see a mistake?  Which form or schedule and Line number?
ellmaxx1

Box 1 from w-2 is on form as less than on w-2

If the amount shown on Line 7 of a Form 1040 or 1040A is more than the totals of the W-2's box 1, see if there is a three character code to the left of Line 7.  Is there a SCH with a number to left of Line 7?  Did you enter education expenses on your tax return with any scholarships?

If it was less (not more)   then did you import the W-2  or enter it manually ?
ellmaxx1

I put in manually
When I review return it has been put on the irs form
I can’t see the info as I originally entered it
That is why I asked how turbo tax transcribes
To see if I or they made the error

What is entered on a tax form is based on the user entries or imported tax data.
Look at the W-2 worksheet that is included in the PDF download.  The worksheet has what was entered by you for the W-2.
Is there any three character letters to the left of Line 7 Form 1040 as asked previously?
ellmaxx1

I see no characters
The info is computer transferred?
Not by a person?
So the mistake was mine?

Call TT support on Monday ... 

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Support can also be reached during business hours by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax