jackie168

How do I see what Turbotax figured my total deductions to be since it's only giving me the standard deduction?

I have charity information to add, but if I already know I'm not over the current total of what they have there's no point.  I need to know what I need to have in dections before I enter them. thanks.
AndreaG

To review your total itemized deductions:

• Log in to your Turbo Tax account
  • click on "take me to my return"
  • click on the "federal taxes" tab
  • click on "deductions and credits"
  • scroll down to the bottom and choose "done"
  • Then you will come to a page that has the standard/itemized summary and you can check a box to switch between either option. When you check on the "itemized deduction" box it will show the total itemized deductions that have been calculated.
Trappfarm2

The total deductions at the end of the deductions and credits equals $27,740 for 2020. It says "You're getting the standard deduction of $27,400.

When I click "continue"  it says "Based on what you've told us, we've chosen the standard deduction for you. This deduction of $27,700 will save you the most money."

If I add the deductions for Mortgage $8169, Prop tax $184, Donations to Charity $7608, Medical Expenses $14,135 I get $30096.

Not calculating properly?

@Trappfarm2 wrote:

Not calculating properly?

The Medical expense deduction is reduced by 7.5% or your Adjusted Gross Income.  The AGI is on the Form 1040 Line 11.  Multiply the AGI by 7.5% and subtract that amount from your total medical expenses to arrive and the Medical Expense itemized deduction.