claptonrealtaxma

How do I amend my 2019 return

I mistakenly entered on our 2019 return that included some income on my small business form that was earned in 2019, but I wasn't actually paid until 2020.  So, now that paid amount will show up as income will show up in my 2020 return even though I paid tax on it the year before in the 2019 return.  If I use Turbo Tax to file 2020 will I also be able to amend the 2019 return?
JeanneLO

How do I amend my 2019 return

Amending a tax return requires you use the TurboTax product from the year you need to amend. Did you use TurboTax in 2019? If you did you can use it to amend your 2019 tax return with that program, please see this: How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

If you did not use TurboTax in 2019 you can obtain the form here: About Form 1040-X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return

claptonrealtaxma

How do I amend my 2019 return

Thanks.

Is there an extra charge to amend the 2019 taxes?

When I purchase Turbo Tax for this year's 2020 return will that transaction allow me to submit the amended 2019 form? 

CarissaM
Employee TurboTax Specialist

How do I amend my 2019 return

If you used Turbo Tax last year, there will be no fee to amend. 

Purchasing the 2020 software will allow you to file this years return, but will not impact last years. 

If you have any issues amending, please click here to contact support.