turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MannyB

How can I re open my taxes and make changes

It has been accepted. So I would need to amend?

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you need to make changes to a return that was already filed and accepted, you will need to amend your return. Please click here for instructions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ginamorr44
Returning Member

Yes I have the w2 I got is different than the app app so wanted to change it but already filed 

When entering your wages, you used the w2 form found on your employers site and then received the actual form which was mailed to you and they differ? First thing you should do is check with your employer to see which form is correct. Now if the paper copy is the right one, you will have to wait for the IRS to either accept or reject your tax return. 

If rejected, you will have to make the changes needed for the return to be accepted. There will be a notice explaining what the rejection reason was.  In addition, you will also get the opportunity to make the changes you had wanted to as well.

However, if the return gets accepted you will have to wait until you receive your refund prior to amending your tax return. When the turbo tax program is updated later in the season , you will be able to log back into turbo tax and amend the return, adding whatever you have omitted.

To amend the return using Turbo tax, just log back into your account, open the return that you have filed and from  there you will see the tab for amending your return. Here is a link that can help further guide you when you are ready to amend. How to amend a return

bucaro151

I was able to e-file my federal and NY state taxes but NJ failed due to a bug in block/lot #s of property where it told me to leave it blank, and when I did that, the next check would tell me to add #s and not leave it blank and kept looping back and forth like that, so I was not able to proceed with NJ, my only option was to "print and mail". So I clicked print and mail for NJ, but I really want to e-file and not have to do it manually. 

I tried going back into my taxes by clicking add state, and then go through the prompts for NJ again, and it did not give me an issue this time, but now it is giving the error saying that I can't e-file because it is an amended return...however, I am not changing anything on it (federal and ny were submitted with block.lot #s and NJ should have those too), I just want to submit online instead of printing and not as an amended return (again, as nothing is new on the return vs previous version nor vs federal or NY).

Please help!! @LakeshaLO 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

When you went back into your return, you managed to amend your return because the program thought that you had mailed the return. Now, you need to delete the amended return. If you marked that you were mailing it, the program will think it is done as well.

Follow these steps to get into a finished return:

In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account

1. Select Tax Home in the left menu
  2. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents
  3. Select 2021 
  4. select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area)
  5. Delete your amended return
  6. You can't delete the state since it is paid but you can delete all the forms in it. Choose Tools and then Delete a form. Delete, delete, delete, everything in the NJ needs to be deleted. The forms will come back since they have information.
  7. Go through NJ with the correct information
  8. E-file!

@bucaro151

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies