Solved: Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ?

Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ? I chose e-file though. Do i still have to mail it to irs ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Intuit Alumni

Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ?

No, you do not need to mail any documents to the IRS when you e-filed your tax return.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Level 15

Just so you understand--EVERYONE is filing on a Form 1040 now as a result of tax reform.  There are no more 1040EZ or 1040A tax returns forms.  Now we all get a "postcard size" Form 1040 with six possible "schedules" to go with it.  So if you were surprised by a Form 1040, that is why.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Intuit Alumni

No, you do not need to mail any documents to the IRS when you e-filed your tax return.

View solution in original post

Yes, i chose the e-file option. and the status shows both IRS and the state have accepted my federal and state tax filing respectively and the status has changed to "accepted". Do i need to do anything next ?
Intuit Alumni

No you do not need to do anything

Okay, thanks !
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings