Solved: Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ?

Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ?

Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ? I chose e-file though. Do i still have to mail it to irs ?

No, you do not need to mail any documents to the IRS when you e-filed your tax return.

Just so you understand--EVERYONE is filing on a Form 1040 now as a result of tax reform.  There are no more 1040EZ or 1040A tax returns forms.  Now we all get a "postcard size" Form 1040 with six possible "schedules" to go with it.  So if you were surprised by a Form 1040, that is why.

Yes, i chose the e-file option. and the status shows both IRS and the state have accepted my federal and state tax filing respectively and the status has changed to "accepted". Do i need to do anything next ?

No you do not need to do anything

Okay, thanks !