turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ?

Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ? I chose e-file though. Do i still have to mail it to irs ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

Hi I just filed my federal and state tax. The 1040 form got generated. Do i need to mail this to IRS now with a copy of my w2 ?

No, you do not need to mail any documents to the IRS when you e-filed your tax return.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Just so you understand--EVERYONE is filing on a Form 1040 now as a result of tax reform.  There are no more 1040EZ or 1040A tax returns forms.  Now we all get a "postcard size" Form 1040 with six possible "schedules" to go with it.  So if you were surprised by a Form 1040, that is why.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

No, you do not need to mail any documents to the IRS when you e-filed your tax return.

Yes, i chose the e-file option. and the status shows both IRS and the state have accepted my federal and state tax filing respectively and the status has changed to "accepted". Do i need to do anything next ?
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

No you do not need to do anything

Okay, thanks !
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies