turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

HELP...

I've been going through turbo tax for years. It's was easy . I would do my taxes Turbo tax would list the total refund and then take out there fees.... PERIOD.  Example  REFUND BEFORE FILING FEES.. 925.00

Federal.  89.00

State.   39.00

Processing.        40.00

Total amount.  168.0

Turbo tax subtracts the 168.00 from the 925. Leaving a REFUND ( the balance) of 853.

The 853 would go directly to my account... GREEN DOT. I have been using them for 5 years. NOW THE SAME SCENARIO as above..

Turbo tax does my taxes 925.

They take out the fees.    168

REFUND... 853.00

The 853 goes to Santa Barbara Bank..... Santa Barbara should only take out 40.00 for processing.                      853.0

Refund.  813.

BUT SANTA BARBARA did this

refund.   853.0

TAX PREP FEES 128.0

OTHER FEES.     10.2

PROCESSING.    40.0

REFUND.           674.0

SO either TURBO tax owes me 168 or Santa Barbara. I was charged 310.00.  I can't explain this any easier. IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE COMMUNITY. I'm talking to the TAX EXPERTS who read the posts.  I have recept from TurboTax saying payment complete and I have the receipt from SBTP of 178.  PLEASE get this fixed

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

HELP...

This forum does not handle refunds of payments.  Please use the links below to contact the right person to assist you.

Santa Barbara Bank

Select your product below and follow the steps to get the help you need from the right person. We're currently open 7 days a week, from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax Desktop

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

HELP...

• No I did not get an answer. Once again it's pass the buck. I called turbo tax.. talked to someone.. showed them in my phone because TurboTax can go into the account. I showed him the fees that were deducted for federal state and processing, the remainder would go to Santa Barbara. All Santa Barbara says, AFTER I SENT THEM a copy of the receipt from turbo tax, a copy of the total amount BEFORE Turbo TAX  took fees for federal state and processing.. I WAS TOLD TO CALL TURBO TAX. SANTA BARBARA has nothing to do with the fees turbo tax deducted. So 168 from TurboTax and 178 from Santa Barbara Bank EQUALS 346 IN FEES.  I have a suggestion since TURBO TAX is working with SANTA BARBARA BANK/GREEN DOT. THERES massive complaints.... Your the EXPERT do ya think there's something going on. Do you think you can take your expertise and use it? Do you think you could start looking into people's complaints rather than passing the buck? Do you think people can TALK TO a real person and get something accomplished rather than apologizing and sending links. PEOPLE ARE MISSING MONEY TURBO TAX. look into our conplaints
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

HELP...

That's correct; we are Tax Experts in the forum; we answer tax questions.  However, we do try to help with other issues if we can. 

If you requested your TurboTax Fees be paid from your Refund, then Santa Barbara gets your refund directly from the IRS.  They take out the TurboTax fees and send them to us.  

In that case, TurboTax is NOT taking any fees out of your refund; only Santa Barbara is.

Are you sure you're not looking at your list of TurboTax fees and thinking that both TurboTax and Santa Barbara are taking fees?  That couldn't happen, since you didn't give TurboTax your Debit info to make a withdrawal from your account.

In your first example, you paid TurboTax directly for your tax prep fees (with a debit card, probably) and the balance was deposited to your Green Dot bank.

In your second example, you elected to Pay With Your Refund, which is a whole different process, and involves a third-party (Santa Barbara). 

Check your bank statement carefully. 

Here's more info on Pay With Your Refund. 

@Katona01 

HELP...

Let me explain this simple...I went onto Turbo tax website

2. I entered all my information from my W2

3. After all the amounts were entered Turbo Tax says YOU GET A REFUND:

example:  800.00

4. Turbo tax gives you choices  like direct deposit

BEFORE turbo tax sends your refund turbo tax is going to deduct for filing your federal taxes and state taxes. Turbo tax is going to take THERE FEES before they I submits your PAPERWORK... like 1040 or 1040a..... So.  

800.... Total

50.   Federal

50.  State

40. Processing

REFUND 660. REFUND

The REFUND goes to greendot bank for your direct deposit.... DONE it's been like that for 4 years

BUT... this time when my refund was sent to Santa Barbara Bank they ALSO 

charged me for TAX PREPARATION AND FEES.

I have a receipt FROM TURBO TAX SHOWING THE FEES that were taken out. BEFORE it was sent to Santa Barbara Bank for 168.

I also have a receipt from Santa Barbara Bank for 178.

I was charged 346.00. I talk to turbo tax they tell me to call Santa Barbara Bank. I call Santa Barbara Bank they tell me to talk to turbo tax.   The IRS has nothing to do with it.  Either turbo tax refunds me 168 or Santa Barbara Bank refunds me 178. Since CUSTOMERS can't talk to live reps and turbo tax is sending the refunds to Santa Barbara Bank don't you think it would be wise to pass these complaints to someone who can look into the money that is being taken. IF YOU can't understand what I just said then send my reply to someone who can. Someone who can pick up the phone. I've sent emails to both party's I've talked to someone at turbo tax AND I SHOWED HIM ON MY PHONE and he said I WAS RIGHT. you need to stop sending links and have someone call over to Santa Barbara Bank AND FIGURE IT OUT

HELP...

Marilyn ... You said turbo tax sends the refund to Santa Barbara Bank and Santa Barbara Bank sends you the fees.... Correct?if that's the case then why did TURBO TAX charge me 89.00 to file my federal

39.00 to file my state

40.00 processing fee

I would be truly happy if I called turbo tax AGAIN. HAVE me open my phone and show you personally the fees from turbo tax, like I did with the other person.

I will just lay it out there

925 was my refund before turbo tax took there fees and Santa Barbara Bank...after they BOTH TOOK FEES My refund was 674.00. WHY?  Am I  suppose to give a 1/3 of my refund because thats what happened, 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

HELP...

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

We have no access or ability to help with this type of thing in the community.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies