Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

axel769

Hello I have a question. What happens if you already filed your taxes but did not file your 8962 with the 1095-a because you did not know it existed?? When can I amend?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Hello I have a question. What happens if you already filed your taxes but did not file your 8962 with the 1095-a because you did not know it existed?? When can I amend?

If you entered the Form 1095-A on the 2019 tax return, the Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit is automatically generated and included with your tax return.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If you have filed your tax return and then discover that you have Form 8962 to file you will have to wait until the IRS either accepts or rejects your tax return.

If the return is rejected you will correct the error that caused the rejection, add Form 8962 and refile your return.

If the return was accepted by the IRS then you will have to file an amended tax return using Form 1040X to add Form 8962 to your tax return

This link to the TurboTax Help page  How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed provides information on how to amend your tax return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies