Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

null142

One of the LLCs I was a member in was dissolved in 2016 and I did not mark it as final on my 2016 return, do I need to do anything about that on my 2017 return

We filed a short year return ending May 31, 2017. I do not know if I need to report anything in 2017 as I will not have a K1 since 2016 the entity was dissolved
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the LLCs I was a member in was dissolved in 2016 and I did not mark it as final on my 2016 return, do I need to do anything about that on my 2017 return

hate to ask this, but if it was dissolved in 2016, was was a 2017 short period return filed.a 2017 short period return would indicate it was not dissolved until 2017 

for the short period return for 2017, a 1065 should have been filed and you should have received a k-1 even if all zero's  if there were items of income or expense on the k-1 you need to include them in you 2017 form 1040. if not, just then just indicate final.    Note you'll probably need to enter information regarding the disposition of the partnership

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

hate to ask this, but if it was dissolved in 2016, was was a 2017 short period return filed.a 2017 short period return would indicate it was not dissolved until 2017 

for the short period return for 2017, a 1065 should have been filed and you should have received a k-1 even if all zero's  if there were items of income or expense on the k-1 you need to include them in you 2017 form 1040. if not, just then just indicate final.    Note you'll probably need to enter information regarding the disposition of the partnership

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies